Excel won't Run without VBA Lib Application and Timer Driver
Author Message
 Excel won't Run without VBA Lib Application and Timer Driver

Without warning last Monday, two mysterious messages came up when
starting a standalone Excel 5 in Windows:

  1 - An error occurred initializing the VBA Libraries.  A Visual
Basic for applications library is either missing or has been
damaged.  Run the Excel Setup program to get the correct version
of the Visual Basic for applications library file.

  2 - The Timer driver is not installed on this system.
Microsoft Excel cannot run without the Timer driver.  The help
facility then proceeds with instructions on installing the Timer
from the Control Panel.

I've run the Excel Setup and the Timer driver installation 3
times with no change in these two messages that I'm getting.
I've placed a fresh vbrun300.dll, but to no avail.  None of the
Excel manuals that came with the package address startup
difficulties.

I recently ran MS Access from the LAN, and I'm wondering if this
might have anything to do with it.

Sun, 28 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win2000, IIS 5 and WebClasses -- won't run without VB running

2. Running an excel macro using excel 8 obj lib

3. DLL won't run without VC

4. Running an excel macro using excel 8 obj lib

5. Excel VBA macro won't Access Contact List

6. Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002

7. Help: Action setting won't run VBA code in PPT slideshow

8. VxD VMM error while running VB 3.0 applications on WIn '95

9. VB6 IIS Application won't run after compile

10. NEW VBA'er(Excel) looking for other VBA'ers

11. Excel - VBA - Retreive file without opening them in Excel

12. Timer Event won't fire when app doesn't have focus