VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?
Author Message
 VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?

Was rummaging in my system directory installing a new development
control and noticed that one of my other purchased controls (an OCX)
had a duplicate named file with the extension of OCA.  The new control
after use with VB development environment also had an OCA compliment.

I am curious to know what this file is.  I know it was created as I
did not receive or place it there.

Also, should I be distributing this file?

   LEGITIMATE responses to midknyte at usa dot net

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?

http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q149/4/29.asp
--
Hope this helps...

Jeffrey Renton
jrenton AT ees DOT enron DOT com

Quote:

> Was rummaging in my system directory installing a new development
> control and noticed that one of my other purchased controls (an OCX)
> had a duplicate named file with the extension of OCA.  The new control
> after use with VB development environment also had an OCA compliment.

> I am curious to know what this file is.  I know it was created as I
> did not receive or place it there.

> Also, should I be distributing this file?

>    LEGITIMATE responses to midknyte at usa dot net

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?

I believe the OCA file is comparable to the TLB file for DLLs.
It's a type library that helps the Object Browser determine
what the interface(s) are for the ActiveX server contained in
the OCX file.

Somebody jump in and correct me if I'm wrong...

Ken LeFebvre
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:

>Was rummaging in my system directory installing a new development
>control and noticed that one of my other purchased controls (an OCX)
>had a duplicate named file with the extension of OCA.  The new control
>after use with VB development environment also had an OCA compliment.

>I am curious to know what this file is.  I know it was created as I
>did not receive or place it there.

>Also, should I be distributing this file?

>  LEGITIMATE responses to midknyte at usa dot net

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. making sense of access form design

2. Makes no sense! (I think)

3. Making sense out of binary data

4. Does it makes any sense? (Working with MSComm)

5. Making sense of AVI_COMPRESS_OPTIONS

6. OCX made from MSGBLASTER.VBX

7. OCX made from MSGBLAST.VBX

8. VBX, OCX Making

9. Rediculous error makes no sense! Please help!

10. this makes NO SENSE! help...

11. Help! This Makes No Sense!

12. Urgent help! This is not making any sense to me