Newbie needs advice
Author Message
 Newbie needs advice

Quote:

> I'm considering buying VB 5.0 but before I do I would like to know if any
> body has heard anything about a new version of VB due in the near future.
> Also, if I do buy 5.0, should I expect to be satisfied with it if I upgrade
> to Win98 this summer? I know  that there are a lot of if's here but if
> anyone has any insight (or even educated guesses) they would be greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,
> Matthew D Kiger

Personally, I think VB is great for development, has a relatively low
learning curve, and is rather powerful when it comes to Rapid
development.  As for the Win98 issue, I am quite confident that
Microsoft is not going to take the rapidly raising sales of VB lightly,
and compromise it in anyways...in fact you can run VB 3 with Win 95, so
they aren't bad for backwards compatibility.

Just my opinion, so be nice with your critiques...
Wendy

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs advice

I'm considering buying VB 5.0 but before I do I would like to know if any
body has heard anything about a new version of VB due in the near future.
Also, if I do buy 5.0, should I expect to be satisfied with it if I upgrade
to Win98 this summer? I know  that there are a lot of if's here but if
anyone has any insight (or even educated guesses) they would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew D Kiger

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs advice

VB6 will probably come out in less than a year or two, and I have Win98 B3 and
VB5 seems to work perfectly.

(By the way [speaking of Win98], and this is to anyone who reads this, Win98 B3
gives a fatal exception when you put various CDs in the CD-ROM drive. I can fix
it, and will tell you how - just a quick registry tweak)

--
Ryan Faricy & James Tonsager - RySoft Corporation
I encrypt with my own RySoft Cryption (RSC) and PGP!

RSC Public Key: See alt.security.keydist Newsgroup

VB5 Site: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rfaricy/
     Soon moving to http://ryan.thinsoft.com/ !

The world keeps ending but new people too dumb to
it keep showing up as if the fun's just started.
    John Updike - Rabbit is Rich

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase

2. Newbie needs advice on project

3. Newbie needs advice on scope

4. Newbie needs advice

5. Newbie Needs Advice

6. COM+ newbie needing advice on an n-client <-> 1 remote server design

7. COM+ newbie needing advice on an n-client <-> 1 remote server design

8. Need newbie advice please

9. Client / Server newbie needs some advice

10. Newbie Needs Your Advice

11. Newbie: need some advice

12. need advice on making modem throughput meter (newbie)