STATISTICAL PACKAGE
Author Message
 STATISTICAL PACKAGE

Just a silly question, has anyone tried, or do any exist, statistical
packages with VB5. All I need do are simple things like sample
standard deviation, population means, variances, and the like..
Thanks.. Henry

remove the SPAM from my email address.. Thanks

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 STATISTICAL PACKAGE

Quote:

>Just a silly question, has anyone tried, or do any exist, statistical
>packages with VB5. All I need do are simple things like sample
>standard deviation, population means, variances, and the like..
>Thanks.. Henry

>remove the SPAM from my email address.. Thanks

You've got a number of possibilities: First, get a book of numeric
algorithms in Basic and adapt those (inexpensive and relatively easy,
but takes time); Second, find a book (I used to have one years ago)
that explicitly shows you fast computational routines for common
statistical functions (often the computational code looks nothing like
the statistical formula). Again, inexpensive and  easy. Third, if you
have a bit more money, buy a stats package (e.g. Statistica
http://www.statsoft.com) that has a programming interface to VB via
standard dlls. This may give you rather more power than you need
however, and will probably take longer to get working. Also of little
use if you want to distribute your application. Hope this helps.

Tony
--
Dr Tony Gillie
IT Consultancy, Programming, Data Analysis and DTP Services

PGP Key ID 54B4E689, Fingerprint E61CA9B811188727 4AFC4B12B7E00B4B

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Good statistical software package for the Mac

2. Can Package and Deployment Wizard handle COM packages?

3. VB and DTS packages - Custom server and package names

4. Creating statistical function using DCount

5. Using a statistical function within a Group by Query

6. Statistical add-ins

7. Modules for statistical analysis

8. Statistical Process Control (SPC) Function

9. Utilizing excel statistical functions

10. Statistical function

11. Statistical functions?

12. Seeking Statistical Functions