---> How to force a Carriage return
Author Message
 ---> How to force a Carriage return

I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

Mon, 05 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return

Quote:

> I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

> I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

Use Chr$(13) & chr$(10)

Mon, 05 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return
: I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

: I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

Try doing Chr$(13) & Chr$(10)

Billy

Mon, 05 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return

Quote:

> I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

> I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

Simon,
        Try Setting Keypreview to True on the form's properties.
        Lee.. :)

Tue, 06 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return

: : I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

: : I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

: Try doing Chr$(13) & Chr$(10)

In fact, just chr$(10) is necessary...

Tue, 06 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return

Quote:

>I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

RTFNG
chr$(13) & chr$(10)

Greetings,

| I don't believe in a no-win scenario.  |
|               - Admiral James T. Kirk  |

Tue, 06 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ---> How to force a Carriage return
* Original Area: comp.lang.basic.visual.3rdparty
* Original To  : Simon Gauthier (1:0/0)

 -=> Quoting Simon Gauthier to All <=-

 SG> I want to know how to force a return carriage in a multiline textbox.

 SG> I have try chr$(13)but it just display a little black rectangle.

You need chr$(13) & chr$(10), or in VB4 the built in vbCrLf.

... Stop, or I'll say stop again. -- British Police
--

|  via Tangent BBS +1-617/364-1576 28.8k or Telnet to vader.com
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his problem.

Thu, 08 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I force a carriage return?

2. Carriage Return => Tab

3. Carriage Return => Tab

4. Put a carriage return in text

5. Carriage Return in SQL Statement

6. Carriage Returns In Text Boxes

7. carriage return in a report textbox

8. Deleting Last Carriage Return from Text File

9. coding a carriage return

10. Carriage Return

11. carriage return embedded in export

12. Carriage Return