problem with a duplicate value in a field
Author Message
 problem with a duplicate value in a field

Hi everybody,
I have a VB5 program with Crystal Report 4.6.
My problem is that I have to print some records in which some fields value
are repeated and some not.
I do not want the repeated values to be printed one under the other so I
chose the "omit if duplicated" option (sorry if this is not the exact name
of the option but I have the italian version).
It works good except for the fact that it does not work for the first line
of  a new page...
is there a way to avoid this without changing the values in the db?
thanks in advance.
bye.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 problem with a duplicate value in a field
Hi,

Right click on the field you want to suppress if there is duplicates, Select
Format Field from the menu. Now select Suppress if Duplicated checkbox. and
there you go.

cheers

pieter

PS: I hope this works in 4.6 as the lowest version of Crystal I've got is
5.0

Quote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have a VB5 program with Crystal Report 4.6.
> My problem is that I have to print some records in which some fields value
> are repeated and some not.
> I do not want the repeated values to be printed one under the other so I
> chose the "omit if duplicated" option (sorry if this is not the exact name
> of the option but I have the italian version).
> It works good except for the fact that it does not work for the first line
> of  a new page...
> is there a way to avoid this without changing the values in the db?
> thanks in advance.
> bye.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 problem with a duplicate value in a field

Quote:
> Hi,

> Right click on the field you want to suppress if there is duplicates,
Select
> Format Field from the menu. Now select Suppress if Duplicated checkbox.
and
> there you go.

> cheers

> pieter

> PS: I hope this works in 4.6 as the lowest version of Crystal I've got is
> 5.0

first of all, thank you for your kind answer.
second, I did what you suggest but the problem is that if I have a new opage
the field is repeated even if it is not supposed to by the selection  of the
"suppress if duplicated" option.
Anyway I decided to change the data in the db in order not to have this
problem with crystal report.
thanks again and bye.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. problem with a duplicate value in a field

2. Duplicate field values while grouping

3. Duplicate Value in primary key - problem

4. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

5. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

6. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

7. Adding Field to Access db - need to make indexed property of field No Duplicates

8. VBA - Format problem inserting high numeric value into text field in excel

9. set field value problem

10. Dynaset Field value problem - help me!!

11. Problem updating Form field value with DHTML

12. Problem keeping field values in user control contained in a DataRepeater