Help! Help! Big Problem
Author Message
 Help! Help! Big Problem

I have an application that I have been working on for sometime.  I have been
giving new copies periodically to a couple of friends to test for me.
Suddenly the new version of the program locks up their computers.  It works
fine on mine and on one other friends system, who also has VB on her machine.
However, the computers that it locks up on have the necessary files: VBrun.300
and threed.vbx.  In addition to this I made installable versions from
Setup.wizard and the same problem happens.  The fact that the two computers it
works on have VB is the only lead.  But where it leads I do not know.  Help!
Josh

Joshua Micah Marshall
Brown University

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 23:45:48 GMT
 Help! Help! Big Problem

Quote:

> Suddenly the new version of the program locks up their computers.  It works
> fine on mine and on one other friends system, who also has VB on her machine.
> However, the computers that it locks up on have the necessary files: VBrun.300
> and threed.vbx.  In addition to this I made installable versions from
> Setup.wizard and the same problem happens.  The fact that the two computers it

I had the same problem about two months ago, but not with my app--it was
with the setup wizard's setup.exe file.  The program couldn't install the
VER.DLL file unless the user's machine had VB on it.  I finally rewrote
the entire d**n setup app from scratch, and it works.   Don't know if
this helps, but at least you're not alone.

Another fine mess(age) brought to you by: I Why do they call them 5 1/4
        Chaplain  (David Brady)           I drives?  I can only get three

Wed, 09 Jul 1997 12:12:52 GMT
 Help! Help! Big Problem

: However, the computers that it locks up on have the necessary files: VBrun.300
: and threed.vbx.  In addition to this I made installable versions from
: Setup.wizard and the same problem happens.  The fact that the two computers it
: works on have VB is the only lead.  But where it leads I do not know.  Help!

Possibly a problem with threed.vbx - if you've compiled your app with a later
version of threed.vbx than what is installed on the destination computers
you can have lock-ups or GPF's...

- Galen -

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 05:17:57 GMT

1. Need big help for big problem

2. big module problem, help me please...

3. Access2 Corruption problem Big Style HELP!

4. PLEASE, HELP ME (BIG PROBLEM)

5. PLEASE, HELP ME (BIG PROBLEM)

6. Crystal 4.0/Jet 2.5 BIG Problem - Please help!

7. Error 7 big problems, HELP!!!

8. Help! Big Picture Problem

9. ASP, big problem, 3 large scripts, need help

10. Please Help - Big problem using Database environment

11. Big Problem in Multi-threading, pls help or I will be fired by my boss

12. BIG PROBLEM with MSFLEX GRID CONTROL - Help Needed