Unexpected Error '50003'
Author Message
 Unexpected Error '50003'

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but a program that ran just fine two
days ago, now generates the error message: "Unexpected Error '5003'. I made
a small modification to the program this morning, in a sub that is NOT
generating the error, recompiled and now everything comes to a screaming
halt.

According to Microsoft's KB, this error COULD be related to "loading a GIF
file that does not specifically contain an Image Object into Visual Basic
5.0..." I'm not loading any GIFs (to my knowledge). MS also refers to the
error message as a "catch-all". Go figure.

Anybody else run into anything similiar?

-----
Keith Whitfield
Hughes-Anderson Heat Exchangers

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 04:59:48 GMT
 Unexpected Error '50003'
Quote:
> days ago, now generates the error message: "Unexpected Error '5003'. I

made
In the subject you say 50003, and I think the larger number is what you
mean.
So the GIF-related answer is not what you want.

I had 50003 some times when the compiling machine had a newer comdlg32.dll
than the machine where the program shall run.
(Maybe it's not the comdlg32.dll, I don't know exactly anymore. Do a search
on google, you'll find the correct answer.)

Only solution is to compile on a machine with the correct version.

My way to do so is I have a dedicated machine to make the exe file.
This machine is never changed by installing any software.

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:41:38 GMT
 Unexpected Error '50003'
You're correct-- I did mean '50003'. In regard to your response, thanks for
getting me started down the road to recovery. I installed a portable CD
burner a couple of days ago and I'm now thinking that one or more of the VB
runtime files on my machine was overwritten during the installation.

The "Google" search yielded quite a lot of good information. Thanks again.
-----
Keith Whitfield

Personal Website: www.members.cox.net/kwhitfield
"Semper Fi"

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:53:25 GMT

1. Unexpected Error '50003'

2. Run-time error '50003' Unexpected Error

3. Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

4. 50003 'unexpected Error'

5. 50003 Unexpected error, totaly unexpected, but why?

6. Error Message '50003'

7. Runtime error '50003'

8. Run-time error '50003'

9. Error '50003'??? Please HELP

10. Runtime error '50003'

11. Error '50003'

12. Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)