Icon = ExtractIcon
Author Message
 Icon = ExtractIcon

        I need to set the icon for some of my windows to something different.
 The parameter I need to pass is the integer returned by ExtractIcon.

        I tried assigning this handle directly to the icon property, but VB
will not let me.  Any ideas?

        I also tried SetWordClass, but this changes the icon for ALL VB
forms. (ThunderForm).  I need to change it for ONE form at a time.

        Do I have to use the VBAPI to set it?

        I also tried DrawIcon, but this produces a BMP resource, not an Icon.

UniQWK 4.0a
___
* UniQWK #50  * Behind a successful man there is a woman with nothing to wear.

Chad Z. Hower
Phoenix Business Enterprises
'[1;35;40m-=> delphi Internet Jet SST v2.005 - (C) PBE

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 15:44:26 GMT
 Icon = ExtractIcon

Quote:

>Subject: Icon = ExtractIcon
>Date: 15 Dec 1994 07:44:26 GMT
>        I need to set the icon for some of my windows to something different.
> The parameter I need to pass is the integer returned by ExtractIcon.
>        I tried assigning this handle directly to the icon property, but VB
>will not let me.  Any ideas?
>        I also tried SetWordClass, but this changes the icon for ALL VB
>forms. (ThunderForm).  I need to change it for ONE form at a time.
>        Do I have to use the VBAPI to set it?
>        I also tried DrawIcon, but this produces a BMP resource, not an Icon.

I'm having a similar problem, ie getting a BMP resource, not an ICON resource.

Have you solved it?

TTYL

Alex Black

Sun, 08 Jun 1997 08:49:39 GMT
 Icon = ExtractIcon

  >I'm having a similar problem, ie getting a BMP resource, not an

Quote:
>ICON resource Have you solved it?

        Yes I did solve it a couple ways.  BMP handles are MUCH easier
to work with, what are you having difficulty with?

UniQWK 4.0a
___
* UniQWK #50  * I'm wet!  I'm wild!

Chad Z. Hower
Phoenix Business Enterprises
'[1;35;40m-=> Delphi Internet Jet SST v2.005 - (C) PBE

Sun, 08 Jun 1997 14:26:54 GMT

1. Icons, extracticon API

2. Icons, extracticon API

3. Icons, extracticon API

4. Icons, extracticon API

5. Icons - How to gain access to the Mask, image as well as the Color-table : ExtractIcon

6. Icons - How to gain access to the Mask, image as well as the Color-table : ExtractIcon

7. ExtractIcon api call and then saving the icon to a file (HELP)

8. List View (Report) and ExtractIcon

9. ExtractIcon and hInst (How Should It Be Done?)

10. Extracticon

11. ExtractIcon in VB4

12. VB4.0 ExtractIcon, DrawIcon API calls