Beginner question: ADO recordsets
Author Message
 Beginner question: ADO recordsets

Is it possible to simultaneously open different recordsets
that point to the same table of the same database (or
even different tables of the same database) ?
Each one having its own independent cursor of course.

Any interactions, restrictions ?

My application permanently updates records in the
background with information retrieved from the web,
while I occasionally edit some record manually.

Thanks in advance for any response.

--
To reply directly, remove "nspm-" in front of the email address.
Pour rpondre ce courrier enlever "nspm-" plac au dbut de l'adresse.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Beginner question: ADO recordsets
Its called multi-user. Yes you can have two processes accessing the same
table. You can also have a lock issue if both attempt to update at the same
time.

Quote:

> Is it possible to simultaneously open different recordsets
> that point to the same table of the same database (or
> even different tables of the same database) ?
> Each one having its own independent cursor of course.

> Any interactions, restrictions ?

> My application permanently updates records in the
> background with information retrieved from the web,
> while I occasionally edit some record manually.

> Thanks in advance for any response.

> --
> To reply directly, remove "nspm-" in front of the email address.
> Pour rpondre ce courrier enlever "nspm-" plac au dbut de l'adresse.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Beginners ADODC recordset questions

2. Beginners ADO.NET Question

3. Beginners questions regarding ADO 2.0

4. Beginner's Question DAO/ADO

5. Simple Beginners ADO Question: Slow Updates?

6. beginner question bout ado object and scope

7. Beginner ADO Question

8. Hopefully a simple beginner ado question???

9. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

10. ADO Recordset.Find question

11. ado Recordset Movecomplete method question

12. Listview with large ADO recordset question