Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem
Author Message
 Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

Whilst coding a simple screen saver in VB5, I realised that Windows will
start the default screen saver "on top" of my screen saver after 5
minutes (the dealy on my PC).  So every five minutes, another copy of my
screen saver will be loaded.  This causes big problems and Windows
crashed once when there must have been over 25 copies of my screen saver
running.

Just one question:  Is there any way of preventing this from happening
(i.e. just a simple command to call each time the program loops or
something like that).

Just another question: I'd also like to disable the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
keys... anyone know how?

Thanks

-Mark Hatton

this group all of the time)... Thanks!

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

If App.PrevInstance Then End

Use the above statement to prevent a 2nd instance of your app (or screen
saver) from running.

Steve

Quote:

>Whilst coding a simple screen saver in VB5, I realised that Windows will
>start the default screen saver "on top" of my screen saver after 5
>minutes (the dealy on my PC).  So every five minutes, another copy of my
>screen saver will be loaded.  This causes big problems and Windows
>crashed once when there must have been over 25 copies of my screen saver
>running.

>Just one question:  Is there any way of preventing this from happening
>(i.e. just a simple command to call each time the program loops or
>something like that).

>Just another question: I'd also like to disable the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
>keys... anyone know how?

>Thanks

>-Mark Hatton

>this group all of the time)... Thanks!

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Graphics Array question (Red top screen saver)

2. How to make my screen saver always on top

3. Stay on top forms vs Screen savers

4. screen saver & screen 9

5. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

6. Shifting Screen screen saver?

7. SCREEN SAVER PROBLEM

8. screen saver problem

9. Problems with my screen saver

10. Another Screen Saver Problem

11. Screen Saver Problems

12. Screen Saver Display Properties Problem