Run SQL Statement Against Disconnected ADO Recordset
Author Message
 Run SQL Statement Against Disconnected ADO Recordset

I have made a Recordset from an Excel File.

Now that I have this Recordset I want to INSERT it into a SQL table.

I have a function that gets the Recordset of the Excel File.
Function Name GetRecordSet()

Can I just Do "SELECT * from myRecord"

Or is there a better way to take an Excel Spreadsheet and pour the
recordset into SQL.

I would rather leave everything in VB, but if makeing a SQL procedure
would be better, I could go that route.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:29:40 GMT
 Run SQL Statement Against Disconnected ADO Recordset
Any one have any ideas?  I read an post that said you could not run
SQL commands on an ADO Recordset, but that was only one post I saw.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

> I have made a Recordset from an Excel File.

> Now that I have this Recordset I want to INSERT it into a SQL table.

> I have a function that gets the Recordset of the Excel File.
> Function Name GetRecordSet()

> Can I just Do "SELECT * from myRecord"

> Or is there a better way to take an Excel Spreadsheet and pour the
> recordset into SQL.

> I would rather leave everything in VB, but if makeing a SQL procedure
> would be better, I could go that route.

> Thanks in advance for the help.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 01:03:31 GMT

1. running an SQL statement on a disconnected recordset

2. How To: Run a SQL query against Recordsets?

3. Join together disconnected recordsets with SQL statement

4. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

5. Perform SQL query against ADO Recordset

6. Query against disconnected recordset

7. Query against disconnected recordset

8. exec SQL on ADO disconnected recordsets?

9. Help! Disconnected recordsets ADO and SQL Server

10. ADO Recordset and SQL Statement and Access 2000

11. ADO fails to release Recordset cursor after opening disconnected Recordset

12. Run a query against a recordset