Communicating with other programs on the Internet
Author Message
 Communicating with other programs on the Internet

I need to write a program that can accept queries from another program
running elsewhere on the Internet and pass back data.  The hardware
platform will probably be a 386 PC running Windows 3.1. The tcp/ip
connection will be provided by Trumpet or something similar.

Questions:

    What PC languages can provide socket calls?
        (preferably C or Visual Basic)
    Can a program listen for calls on two ports at the same time?
    Can a program listen on a port and accept keyboard input
simultaneously?

Any help appreciated.

Larry

IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZI
I  BitSafe Computer Services
I  Optical Character Recognition via the Internet
I  Don't retype it, let us scan it!
I   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bitsafe

IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZI

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Communicating with other programs on the Internet

infinite reservoirs of wisdom:

Quote:
>    What PC languages can provide socket calls?
>        (preferably C or Visual Basic)

All of the above. VB usually with VBXs.

Quote:
>    Can a program listen for calls on two ports at the same time?

You mean like com1 and com2? Yes, it can.

Quote:
>    Can a program listen on a port and accept keyboard input
>    simultaneously?

Yes, it can.

Jens
--
Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.
I just cut-and-pasted.

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Communicating with other programs on the Internet
I posted a similar question about sockets recently and someone responded by
pointing out their netsite.  They've got some software that's FREE that deals
with this.  The site is at http://206.72.149.38 .  Try there and see if it
helps.

John

Thu, 23 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

2. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

3. Accessing Scrollbars in Internet Tools Web Browser (ATTN: Allan Davies or others)

4. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

5. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

6. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

7. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

8. How to make 2 Pcs communicate via internet?

9. Communicating ActiveX and database across the Internet

10. COMMUNICATE WITH A ACTIVE WEB SITE IN Internet EXPLORER (5.0)

11. COMMUNICATE WITH A ACTIVE WEB SITE IN Internet EXPLORER (5.0)

12. COMMUNICATE WITH A ACTIVE WEB SITE IN Internet EXPLORER (5.0)