VBA question from newbie (Please Help)
Author Message
 VBA question from newbie (Please Help)

I am beginning to experiment with VBA and I am having trouble with the very
first application I tried to work on in it. I tried to autmoate Word by adding
it in as an OLE control object  and creating an object variable to refrenced to
MS Word 8.0 object library . The system recognized the Word.Application object
I created (it gave me the auto list members and everything) but when I tried to
run the application, I got error 429 -' ActiveX component can not be created'.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

 I am only guessing but I think it is because the component may not have been
registered and/or I am missing the license key. If this is the case, how can I
fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Falc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VBA question from newbie (Please Help)
Falc,

you are using VBA.
From what aplication? If from Word, then you obvious need no reference to
the Word.Application.

Johan.

| I am beginning to experiment with VBA and I am having trouble with the
very
| first application I tried to work on in it. I tried to autmoate Word by
adding
| it in as an OLE control object  and creating an object variable to
refrenced to
| MS Word 8.0 object library . The system recognized the Word.Application
object
| I created (it gave me the auto list members and everything) but when I
tried to
| run the application, I got error 429 -' ActiveX component can not be
created'.

| Can anyone help me with this problem?
|
|  I am only guessing but I think it is because the component may not have
been
| registered and/or I am missing the license key. If this is the case, how
can I
| fix it?
|
| Thanks in advance for any help,
| Falc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VBA question from newbie (Please Help)

Quote:

>you are using VBA.
>From what aplication? If from Word, then you obvious need no reference to
>the Word.Application

I am using it from VB itself.

Falc

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VBA question from newbie (Please Help)

Quote:

> >you are using VBA.
> >From what aplication? If from Word, then you obvious need no reference to
> >the Word.Application

> I am using it from VB itself.

  Please post your code by which you create the instance of Word, and
indicate which line is highlighted when you go to debug from the error
message.
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

2. please help, VBA 5.0 newbie

3. please help, VBA newbie

4. Help this newbie (please) use vba in access!

5. Newbie Question - please help

6. Newbie Question,Please Help

7. Newbie Question -- Need Help Please

8. Two newbie questions - please help

9. Newbie question help please?

10. Newbie Question Help Please?

11. please help newbie variable question

12. Newbie Question: Please Help Out!