Hello, i'm new
Author Message
 Hello, i'm new

Hello people,

I'm jeroen and i'm new to this group. I'm 14 years old, and i program in VB
(duh) :). I think i can help some people with programming, but i'm not
really good.  I have submitted 3 little programs to planetsourcecode.com ,
you can find them if you look for "Jeroen Paul'.  I just finished some
database thingie, and working on a new one now. I hope i'll like this
group,a nd that i can be usefull here.

Jeroen

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:54:18 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week that
this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use news.microsoft.com

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Hello people,

> I'm jeroen and i'm new to this group. I'm 14 years old, and i program in
VB
> (duh) :). I think i can help some people with programming, but i'm not
> really good.  I have submitted 3 little programs to planetsourcecode.com ,
> you can find them if you look for "Jeroen Paul'.  I just finished some
> database thingie, and working on a new one now. I hope i'll like this
> group,a nd that i can be usefull here.

> Jeroen

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:09:47 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Quote:
> Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week that
> this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use news.microsoft.com

 I use Textnews.cablewanadoo.nl , so It's not gone for me :)

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:20:00 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
Did I misread or misunderstand the message posted here ...

-------------------

organization: Usenet Administrator, FAMQYPYF.BE
to:  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
date: January 12, 2002 7:07 p
subject: comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
marjority who wants to see this group removed.

If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

--

One more smart exits in back of the worthwhile plain were conversing behind
the wide fire.

---------------------

If I misunderstood, or this is a prank ... great! I don't want to lose this
group either.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> | Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week
that
> | this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use news.microsoft.com

> Don't be silly -- it isn't "terminating" at all.  As an MVP, I would have
> thought you'd be smarter than to fall for that...

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:04:38 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Quote:

>| Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week that
>| this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use news.microsoft.com

>Don't be silly -- it isn't "terminating" at all.  As an MVP, I would have
>thought you'd be smarter than to fall for that...

Give him a break., he was drunk and forgot the smiley.

Ps: I hope..  ;-)

Regards, Frank

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:56:29 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Randy !!  Can i have my previous post back ? :-)

This is the exact same message that was posted to a lot of other
groups, with different Sigs in some cases.

Btw, did i tell you that i'm selling the Sydney Harbour Bridge ?
To you, $50,000, it's the bargain of a life time.  ;-)

Quote:
>Did I misread or misunderstand the message posted here ...

<SNIP SLASH MOW>

Regards, Frank

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:10:15 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
Well, removing a newsgroup would be nearly impossible, as it's independantly
hosted on millions of servers around the world.  It is possible that
Capi-tan Shelly is going to remove it from her server, but then she just
won't be part of the world-wide circulation.  But, to remove a group from
the planet would be a supreme and futile undertaking.  Plus, what's
FAMQYPYF.BE?

Most likely, this is just a prank...
--
"I believe you have my stapler."
chown -R us /yourIRCpubs

> Did I misread or misunderstand the message posted here ...

> -------------------

> organization: Usenet Administrator, FAMQYPYF.BE
> to:  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> date: January 12, 2002 7:07 p
> subject: comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --

> One more smart exits in back of the worthwhile plain were conversing
behind
> the wide fire.

> ---------------------

> If I misunderstood, or this is a prank ... great! I don't want to lose
this
> group either.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> > | Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week
> that
> > | this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use
news.microsoft.com

> > Don't be silly -- it isn't "terminating" at all.  As an MVP, I would
have
> > thought you'd be smarter than to fall for that...

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:12:17 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Quote:

> Did I misread or misunderstand the message posted here ...

> -------------------

You've been hoaxed -- Fluffy owns Usenet.

Quote:
> One more smart exits in back of the worthwhile plain were conversing behind
> the wide fire.

A real announcement wouldn't have needed anti-anti-spam "chaff", either.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sign the Check! <http://www.xenu.net/>

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:20:46 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
Guess I did  :-)

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> >| Well, you've got a week to enjoy it.... a notice was posted last week
that
> >| this newsgroup is terminating Jan 31. After that, use
news.microsoft.com

> >Don't be silly -- it isn't "terminating" at all.  As an MVP, I would have
> >thought you'd be smarter than to fall for that...

> Give him a break., he was drunk and forgot the smiley.

> Ps: I hope..  ;-)

> Regards, Frank

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:35:04 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
I saw it in a couple of others too ... must have been them .net folks ...
they're as sly as the FoxPro gang. <g>

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Randy !!  Can i have my previous post back ? :-)

> This is the exact same message that was posted to a lot of other
> groups, with different Sigs in some cases.

> Btw, did i tell you that i'm selling the Sydney Harbour Bridge ?
> To you, $50,000, it's the bargain of a life time.  ;-)

> >Did I misread or misunderstand the message posted here ...

> <SNIP SLASH MOW>

> Regards, Frank

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:35:57 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Quote:
> You've been hoaxed

<embarrased>
<g>
--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:36:49 GMT
 Hello, i'm new

Welcome, jeroen.  Man, are you lucky to be starting so young.  Keep it
up.

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:54:18 GMT, "Jeroen\(tje\)"

Quote:

>Hello people,

>I'm jeroen and i'm new to this group. I'm 14 years old, and i program in VB
>(duh) :). I think i can help some people with programming, but i'm not
>really good.  I have submitted 3 little programs to planetsourcecode.com ,
>you can find them if you look for "Jeroen Paul'.  I just finished some
>database thingie, and working on a new one now. I hope i'll like this
>group,a nd that i can be usefull here.

>Jeroen

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:27:18 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
| Give him a break., he was drunk and forgot the smiley.

I would hope so!

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:36:07 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
I don't know if it is that uncommon for people to start that young anymore.
I started programming in C when I was 12 and I started posting to this
newsgroup when I was 14, according to Google. However, it is definitely a
good idea to get started early. Also, I would recommend picking up more than
just VB. Using C++ and trying to make C++ and VB interoperate properly is an
excellent way to learn what is actually going on "under the hood".

Jason Bouzane

Quote:

> Welcome, jeroen.  Man, are you lucky to be starting so young.  Keep it
> up.

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:54:18 GMT, "Jeroen\(tje\)"

> >Hello people,

> >I'm jeroen and i'm new to this group. I'm 14 years old, and i program in
VB
> >(duh) :). I think i can help some people with programming, but i'm not
> >really good.  I have submitted 3 little programs to planetsourcecode.com
,
> >you can find them if you look for "Jeroen Paul'.  I just finished some
> >database thingie, and working on a new one now. I hope i'll like this
> >group,a nd that i can be usefull here.

> >Jeroen

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:20:10 GMT
 Hello, i'm new
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:20:10 -0500, "Jason Bouzane"

Quote:

>I don't know if it is that uncommon for people to start that young anymore.
>I started programming in C when I was 12 and I started posting to this
>newsgroup when I was 14, according to Google. However, it is definitely a
>good idea to get started early. Also, I would recommend picking up more than
>just VB. Using C++ and trying to make C++ and VB interoperate properly is an
>excellent way to learn what is actually going on "under the hood".

You sound much older. :-)
I think it's almost natural nowdays to start that early if there is
any interest in a kid to code, as long as it doesn't become his or her
life. I guess that is the parent's responsibility to enforce some
limit on computer time. I see and hear of kids spending all their time
in front of the PC, with the occasional break to play the PS2.
When i look back i had a damn good childhood, done all the stupid
things, got drunk and laid early enough, etc...all without a computer.

Started playing with PCs at 24, 16 years ago and no regrets.

Regards, Frank

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:00:45 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Hello to all, I'm new in this group

2. render Hello.xml + Hello.xsl into PrintDocument ?

3. Hello, i am new at programming..

4. Hello, new person here

5. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

6. Visual J++ 6.0 Hello world example won't compile

7. Don't want new New Word Application

8. Hiding the 'New' Record

9. 'New ...' dialog of Excel

10. 'New' dialog