Timer Accuracy
Author Message
 Timer Accuracy

Does anyone know of a FREE Timer control that has better accuracy than
the standard timer control. There is one called HiTime but is's not free
I think the standard one is only accurate to about 55 msec and I want to
send midi output with a bit more accuarcy than this (Basically it plays
a song of about 5 notes with timers controlling the delay)

The problem is that the speed at which it works is dependant on how many
other apps I have running, which I want to make it independant.

BTW I am using VB4 Pro for both 16 and 32 bit applications

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Rob

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Timer Accuracy

: Does anyone know of a FREE Timer control that has better accuracy than
: the standard timer control.
:

Use the timeGetTime API call from the multimedia library. According to the
SDK, this function has a precision of 1 ms in Windows 95, and 5 or more ms
(it's adjustable) in NT.

Here's the declare:

#If Win32 Then
   Declare Function timeGetTime Lib "winmm.dll" () As Long
#Else
   Declare Function timeGetTime Lib "MMSYSTEM" () As Long
#End If

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Timer, accuracy in millisecs!

2. vb timer accuracy ???

3. Timer Accuracy - Help !

4. Timer accuracy??? -RFH ( Request for Help)

5. timer accuracy of mmsystem.dll

6. Timer accuracy

7. Timer accuracy

8. Timer Function Accuracy

9. Accuracy of Timers in VB5

10. Timer with high accuracy

11. Wanted: VB3 Timer with millisecond accuracy.

12. Accuracy of timers in VB?