OLE control and OLE container
Author Message
 OLE control and OLE container

We am planing to develope our own OLE control which is also an
OLE container itself.  It seems to me that you can build OLE
DLL's from VB4 which is an in-process server, I don't think
that's OLE control (unless I'm wrong). My question is: Can you
build an OLE control in Visual Basic 4.0? If so, what's my
choice?

Any opinion/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

-Lian Colburn
EHS

PS.:
Besides posting the answer here, please do send me an email

because I have instant access to that accout. Thanks.

Wed, 16 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE control and OLE container

Quote:

>We am planing to develope our own OLE control which is also an
>OLE container itself.  It seems to me that you can build OLE
>DLL's from VB4 which is an in-process server, I don't think
>that's OLE control (unless I'm wrong). My question is: Can you
>build an OLE control in Visual Basic 4.0? If so, what's my
>choice?
>Any opinion/suggestion will be highly appreciated.
>-Lian Colburn
>EHS

>PS.:
>Besides posting the answer here, please do send me an email

>because I have instant access to that accout. Thanks.

        Hi,
        OLE control as in ActiveX or OCX ? No, you cannot do that in VB.
Delphi and (most) C++ packages can create such.
        You are correct, BTW, the OLE dlls you can create in VB are *not* OLE
controls.

        Hope that helps....

Thu, 17 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE-Automation & OLE-Container control

5. Q: OLE Container and Database OLE object field

6. How do you control the location of a Word Document inside an Ole Container control

7. Help: Controlling the content of an OLE-container control

8. Accessing MS Word document in OLE Container Control

9. Controlling Visio from the VB Ole container

10. OLE document container control

11. Printing from OLE Control Container

12. Using VB to embed OLE Container Control's .doc into Access 2.0 table