invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys
Author Message
 invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys

I have an invisible menu (it is not displayed at the menu bar), I use it as
a pop-up menu.  When I try to use the shortcut keys assigned to the sub
sections of the menu i.e. (ALT-S), it does not work.  When I make the menu
visible it works... Is there a way to make the shortcut keys work and have
the menu invisible?  I have looked almost anywhere on this problem, and I
can't find the answer.

I would appriciate it if you can e-mail me any help you can give..

Thanx..
---
Dj MP3, a great playlist maker for NAD, WinAMP, Unreal Player, and Aries
Breathe
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:07:34 -0400, "Fetbi Irsat"

Quote:

>I have an invisible menu (it is not displayed at the menu bar), I use it as
>a pop-up menu.  When I try to use the shortcut keys assigned to the sub
>sections of the menu i.e. (ALT-S), it does not work.  When I make the menu
>visible it works... Is there a way to make the shortcut keys work and have
>the menu invisible?  I have looked almost anywhere on this problem, and I
>can't find the answer.

Fetbi,
        You need to set your form's keypreview property to TRUE, then
process the keypresses in the form's keydown event :

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
        if Shift = 2 and Keycode=83 then        'ctrl-s
                mnuWhatever_click
        elseif ...
        endif
End Sub

        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Omega Techware
        http://home.us.net/~omega

Fri, 01 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. show a shortcut menu / popup menu / context menu

2. Popup menus on form called from a popup menu

3. Shortcut Keys in Menu Bar

4. Displaying Shortcut Key in Menu

5. Re : Shortcut keys in Menu

6. Menu editor - shortcut keys

7. Changing menu shortcut keys at run-time

8. custom Ctrl menu shortcut-keys

9. HELP: Menu with shortcut key fails on Win95

10. Menu Caption and Shortcut Key

11. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP

12. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar