Findfirst gives an error 3251 'operation is not supported for this type of object
Author Message
 Findfirst gives an error 3251 'operation is not supported for this type of object

Hi All

I'm having a problem with a findfirst statement
The following code :
  rstCriterium = "Cardid='" & Kaart.Text & "'"
   Data1.Recordset.FindFirst rstCriterium
gives an error 3251 : operation is not supported for this type of object.

Why is this ??

I have a datacontrol with name data1 on the form. Several textboxes are
present and I can use the navigation buttons to walk through the file.
In the immediate window I can ask for data1.recordset.fields(1) and I see
the value of that field.
The file can be accessed with access.

Any idea ??

Thanks for helping

Hans Vinckier

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:59:16 GMT
 Findfirst gives an error 3251 'operation is not supported for this type of object
Are you using the OLEDB data control? If so, that should be:

Data1.Recordset.Find rstCriterium

Quote:
> Hi All

> I'm having a problem with a findfirst statement
> The following code :
>   rstCriterium = "Cardid='" & Kaart.Text & "'"
>    Data1.Recordset.FindFirst rstCriterium
> gives an error 3251 : operation is not supported for this type of object.

> Why is this ??

> I have a datacontrol with name data1 on the form. Several textboxes are
> present and I can use the navigation buttons to walk through the file.
> In the immediate window I can ask for data1.recordset.fields(1) and I see
> the value of that field.
> The file can be accessed with access.

> Any idea ??

> Thanks for helping

> Hans Vinckier

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 05:33:39 GMT

1. FindFirst gives Error 3251 - Operation not supported?

2. error 3251 the operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider

3. 3251 error on .FindFirst ??

4. Getting 3251 error with FindFirst

5. Runtime Error 3251 and Findfirst method

6. DAO 3.6 and FindFirst Method (Error 3251)

7. Newbie : .findfirst runtime error 3251 help?

8. 3251 Current provider doesn't support returning multiple recordsets from a single execution

9. Run-Time Error 3251, What Gives!

10. Updating Recordset in Access 97 gives error 3251

11. Registry access error (Not able to perform the operation because object is not given storage yet)

12. Run-time error '3251'