Iconizing application to system tray
Author Message
 Iconizing application to system tray

Hello,

I am new to Visual Basic, but after scanning my course book for Visual
Basic, Visual Basic's help, and Microsoft VB 5.0 Reference Library book I am
unable to find any information about creating an icon in the system tray
(down by the clock and the volume control in the taskbar). After asking my
professor, I was not given any leads either...any suggestions/pointers for
more information?

If possible, I would like to pop-up a small menu when the tray icon is
clicked/double-clicked on...

Thank you

-- Xenakis

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Iconizing application to system tray
Go to the Microsoft support page (http://support.microsoft.com/support) and
search for Article Q162613 - "How To Manipulate Icons in the System Tray with
Visual Basic".  It has the information you need.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am new to Visual Basic, but after scanning my course book for Visual
>Basic, Visual Basic's help, and Microsoft VB 5.0 Reference Library book I am
>unable to find any information about creating an icon in the system tray
>(down by the clock and the volume control in the taskbar). After asking my
>professor, I was not given any leads either...any suggestions/pointers for
>more information?

>If possible, I would like to pop-up a small menu when the tray icon is
>clicked/double-clicked on...

>Thank you

>-- Xenakis

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

2. System Tray application

3. How to build an application that sits only in the system tray

4. Application -> start in system tray

5. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...

6. VB applications and system tray - help!

7. VB applications running in the System Tray?

8. system tray - modifying icons belonging to other applications

9. activate an application in the system tray

10. Hotkeys from a system tray application

11. How to minimize application to system tray

12. How can i put my application icon in system tray