Help - MS WORD and Unprotecting a document
Author Message
 Help - MS WORD and Unprotecting a document

I've been having a lot of failures posting, so I am trying again.
If you've read this before I apologize, if not please H E L P!

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is any way to know if a WORD document is currently protected?
And if so, is it protected with a password. I have a VB application that is using
DDE and OLE to automate certain tasks, one such task is to insert certain bookmarks
into a WORD 6.0 document. This fails if the doc is protected. I need to have a mechanism to
query WORD to see if it currently protected.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance

--

Tommy Petrogiannis

       _   __o
  ______  `\<,    Going slow just hurts too much.
      --  O/ O    Going fast gets me there sooner - so I can...
                   recover from the pain quicker

Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:41:08 GMT
 Help - MS WORD and Unprotecting a document

Quote:

> Does anyone know if there is any way to know if a WORD document
> is currently protected?  And if so, is it protected with a password. I
> have a VB application that is using DDE and OLE to automate certain
> tasks, one such task is to insert certain bookmarks into a WORD 6.0
> document. This fails if the doc is protected. I need to have a mechanism to
> query WORD to see if it currently protected.

Are you refering to "Protect Document" under the Tools menu?
For protected documents protected via that menu item, the menu
item changes to "Unprotect Document".

--

Computer Science Dept. at  University of California, Riverside

Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:36:26 GMT

1. VBA function to manipulate word documents (unprotecting / changing passwords)

2. Word 6 and unprotecting a document

3. Maitaining form field info when unprotecting and reprotecting a document

4. Protecting and Unprotecting a Section of Document

5. Problem when unprotecting a document with form field text fields

6. Help. Reading/displaying/printing Word Documents/RTF documents

7. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

8. Delete macro from MS Word document - problem.

9. Accessing the properties of a MS Word Document

10. Accessing MS Word document in OLE Container Control

11. Extracting of MS-Word Document Properties

12. Coding VBA in a MS Word Object created in a Visio document