Question about avg. VB consultant pay
Author Message
 Question about avg. VB consultant pay

I (today) quit my current job.  I will be leaving one program as a beta
and another in alpha stages of development.  I am the only programmer
there, and it is not primarily a software company.  It is a smallish
company (10 employees).  What kind of rate should I charge hourly for
finishing up what I have begun (to work on evenings and weekends outside
of my new job)?  What is reasonable given that I started it?

E-mail replies appreciated.

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Question about avg. VB consultant pay

Quote:
> I (today) quit my current job.  I will be leaving one program as a beta
> and another in alpha stages of development.  I am the only programmer
> there, and it is not primarily a software company.  It is a smallish
> company (10 employees).  What kind of rate should I charge hourly for
> finishing up what I have begun (to work on evenings and weekends outside
> of my new job)?  What is reasonable given that I started it?

> E-mail replies appreciated.

Wow.. you are not really selling yourself as a reliable employee..
Maybe your previous company will decide to get a new programmer in to
finish your code as they have every right to do this ( most companies now
have a legal clause that gives them ownership of any code written during
the normal course of work. )

Remember, that if you want to start as a free-lance, then any future client
taking you on needs to know that you are prepared to finish the job.. hope
you find a good reference.

Regards..

-            Paul Minshall               -

-  Web: http:\\www.paul-min.demon.co.uk  -
-                                        -
- ( Remove ABCD for correct address )    -
-                                        -

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Question about avg. VB consultant pay

: finishing up what I have begun (to work on evenings and weekends outside
: of my new job)?  What is reasonable given that I started it?

you have not indicated your level of VB proficiency, salary history,
etc... so ill assume that they are relatively quite low and that you
live in an average part of the country:  $20-$30/hr.

- adrian

Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question: Typical Pay range for 4 Years VB Experience

2. I will pay you for answering my question...

3. I will pay you for answering my question...

4. I will pay you for answering my question...

5. I will pay you for answering my question...

6. Off topic question for programming consultants...

7. Consultant Fee Questions

8. Consultant with legal question

9. VB person needed (paid)...

10. I Pay for help in MS-access,SQLserver,VB

11. Small VB job urgently required - WILL PAY!

12. Need simple VB Help, Will Pay!