Requery/Update/Datacontrol ?
Author Message
 Requery/Update/Datacontrol ?

Hi,

I have following situation:

A DataControl (dynamic) which allows access to my .mdb table is used for
adding and updating new records. I have defined some queries in Access
which I access from my application using a 2nd DataControl (static).
Then a simple textfield which is linked to the latter DataControl to
visualize  the result of this query. This is all set up via properties.
No. 2 must be defined as static , otherwise, I can only define the
dataSource without the data to be retrieved [forgot the property name:
DataXYZ: i'm at work, VB is at home ;-) ]

When I run this app. and I do updates (1st DataControl), the textfield
is not updated. Of course, the 2nd datacontrol is just a query on the
table at startup, without the previous changes.

I tried the 'requery 'on datacontrol2, an 'update' on datacontrol2.
Didn't work. Does anybody has an idea? There must be a simple solution
to this...

Thanks,
Diether

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:55:37 GMT

1. Requery on recordset after updating records

2. differences between update, refresh and requery

3. access DB update / requery delay

4. Updating datagrid with requery, datagrid goes to top

5. Requery stops the form updating

6. requery after update does not work

7. Update method and Requery method

8. updating wrong recordset using Datacontrol?

9. DataControl..Update database type question

10. DBGrid Update from a second Datacontrol?

11. DataControl On Line Update with SQL Passthrough

12. How do I disable the auto update of the DataControl