Compiling to executable
Author Message
 Compiling to executable

Hi,

I'm trying to compile my program to a native executable, so that I can
run it from the command line.  It seems to work fine, except that when
an error occurs, the Err object's Description field doesn't seem to be
filled correctly.

This is when using a method from an ActiveX control, and the
Err.Description field tends to be something like:

Method '~' of object '~' failed

Now, when I run it inside VB, the Err.Description field fills in the
method name and object name correctly.  Is there some reason why it
doesn't get those when running as an executable?  Is there something I
can do so that it does?  Is it an error with the way I compiled it, or
perhaps with the activex control?  Or is it just a fact of life that
it does this?

Thanks!

Jeff

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling a 16-bit executable using 32-bit VB.

2. Why a compiled executable won't run on client's machine

3. How to compile multiple reports into one executable under Crystal Report 6.0

4. Compile *Everything* Into Executable?

5. Compiling the DLL's into the executable?

6. merging fortran executable with a VB executable

7. Shrinking Windows executables and Stand-alone VB executables

8. VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

9. Compile under Windows 3.1 different from compile under Windows 95

10. executable from Access?

11. Storing executables in Access tables - please help !

12. Executable