drag and drop onto the system tray
Author Message
 drag and drop onto the system tray

hi,

i've made this great app for myself (i won't bother goin into what it
does) but i need to easily send link information to the app. i can do
this by just dragging a link off a web page and dropping it onto a form.
this work fine but what i would like to do... just to make things a bit
easier... is to be able to drop that link onto an icon in the system
tray. i've downloaded a few system tray ocxs from activex.com which work
nively but none of them have a "dragdrop" event... only click and
dblclick events....

are there any controls or any ways making a system tray icon that is
also a drag-drop target?

thanx

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 drag and drop onto the system tray

Quote:

>hi,

>i've made this great app for myself (i won't bother goin into what it
>does) but i need to easily send link information to the app. i can do
>this by just dragging a link off a web page and dropping it onto a form.
>this work fine but what i would like to do... just to make things a bit
>easier... is to be able to drop that link onto an icon in the system
>tray. i've downloaded a few system tray ocxs from activex.com which work
>nively but none of them have a "dragdrop" event... only click and
>dblclick events....

>are there any controls or any ways making a system tray icon that is
>also a drag-drop target?

>thanx

Hmm...
I'm not sure if that's possible...if so, I have no clue how to do it!
The problem is that when you make a tray icon, you set a callback, fine and
dandy, and it's usually for the event mousemove.  So then, the hook will go
through the mousemove event with the X argument being a number which is
basically the button state times screen.twipsperpixelx.  So you divide that out
and then do a case on the resulting number to get the button state, whether it
was a click, double-click, etc.  For that matter, the button argument in
mousemove is NOT what you use to check the button, it's always zero...odd, huh?
:)
So, I don't see how you could do a dragdrop, since you need alot more
information than just a button state.  Especially the argument which ia an
object (can't remember what it's name is at the moment).  Perhaps there is a way
to get more functionality out of a tray icon, but every example I've ever seen
on the net, and what is behind most of those ocx's you found (including
mine...shameless plug for wnosTray there!), is that same method of adding the
icon.  But don't give up hope, as I said, there might be other ways to add an
icon, I've just never seen them.
MacK

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drag and Drop to System Tray

2. Drag and drop to the system tray.

3. Drag and drop to system tray Icon

4. Drag and drop to an icon in hte system tray

5. Drag and drop contact onto Word VBA userform

6. Drag & drop file onto ListViewItem function

7. drag-dropping a treeview node onto a datagrid

8. Drag Drop text fragment onto another control

9. Drag N Drop onto an exe?

10. Drag FILENAME from explorer and DROP onto VB form

11. Drag and Drop onto a Control Array?

12. : Drag/Drop onto other controls