Need Help Creating NT Services with VB
Author Message
 Need Help Creating NT Services with VB

Are there any examples of creating windows NT services with VB.  I have a
small app that I would like to run as a service.

Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:30:37 GMT
 Need Help Creating NT Services with VB
Kevin,

Depending on your needs, try the ServiceMill Control from
Active+ (http://www.activeplus.com), or the NTSvc Control
supplied (as source) by Microsoft.
Both take care of all the fiddly techie stuff associated with
[proper] NT Services.  The most work you face is suppressing all
visual elements from your application - MsgBox's, and such like -
and, more importantly, unhandled errors, which cause no end of
problems.

HTH,
    Phill  W.

Quote:
> Are there any examples of creating windows NT services with VB.  I have a
> small app that I would like to run as a service.

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:24:41 GMT

1. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

2. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

3. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

4. Help: W2K, IIS, ASP, Component Services, SQL, NT Service and VB

5. creating nt services with vb

6. Create NT service using VB

7. Starting NT Service Com Object created with VB

8. How to create NT service in VB

9. Creating NT Services with VB

10. Creating a NT Service from VB app

11. Creating an NT service from a VB App

12. Creating an NT Service in VB