MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event
Author Message
 MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event

Hi, I noticed that when I press the X (close) on a MDI form, the active
child form closes before I can ask the user if they really want to quit.. I
might have different forms that the user can be using at the time, so I want
the active form to stay open until I can varifly that the user really wants
to quit..  How would I do this?
Thanks
John

Remove NOSPAM to reply..

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event
Instead of using the Unload event use the QueryUnload event.

Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> Hi, I noticed that when I press the X (close) on a MDI form, the active
> child form closes before I can ask the user if they really want to quit..
> might have different forms that the user can be using at the time, so I
want
> the active form to stay open until I can varifly that the user really
wants
> to quit..  How would I do this?
> Thanks
> John

> Remove NOSPAM to reply..

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event

Quote:
> Hi, I noticed that when I press the X (close) on a MDI form, the
active
> child form closes before I can ask the user if they really want to
quit.. I
> might have different forms that the user can be using at the time, so
I want
> the active form to stay open until I can varifly that the user really
wants
> to quit..  How would I do this?

Check out the Form_QueryUnload events of both the parent and the child
forms

--
Please reply via the newsgroup only

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event
Thanks.. That was it..
John

Quote:
> Instead of using the Unload event use the QueryUnload event.

> Jason Bouzane

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event

2. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

3. mdi parent/child unload events

4. Child unload events in MDI

5. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

6. How can I prevent a child form from going behind a picturebox on MDI

7. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form

8. Unload MDI Child forms

9. Unloading MDI Child Forms

10. How to prevent user to open more than one mdi child form

11. Unloading MDI Child Forms

12. Need help unloading MDI Child