temporary record
Author Message
 temporary record

Hi,

I have a question and hoping someone can give me some suggestion.

I have a form where the user will fill out some information.  I would like
to either insert or update the information to the database.  I will be
updating and inserting information like this through the application so I
would like to write a common routine to the job.  My question is how do I
create a temporary recordset or rdoresultset to store the field name and
field value and then pass it onto a sub routine to do the update/insert?

Any suggestion would be very appreciated.  Please send suggestion to

Thanks.

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 temporary record

Quote:
>My question is how do I
>create a temporary recordset or rdoresultset to store the field name and
>field value and then pass it onto a sub routine to do the update/insert?

I'm not a database guru, but IMO both exist: every AddNew method call creates a
temporary record (buffer), that can be "finalized" in the Validate event.
Perhaps you must turn the AddNew into an Edit record during validation, but
that's beyond my experience. It's really a pity that (if?) the VB/MS database
engine cannot determine itself, whether a record should be added to a
recordset, or should replace an existing record, depending on the unique
primary index fields of the recordset.

I often used a database interface, consisting of an UDT that reflects a record,
and the according subroutines to copy data between the recordset and the UDT.

DoDi

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Data from the Temporary Created Record-Locking file .ldb

2. How to update temporary database file with filtered records

3. Temporary Recordset - Best way to find Records

4. Temporary Database with temporary Recordset/Resultset

5. Microsoft Access ldb temporary files

6. Using temporary tables

7. Location of Office temporary files

8. Creating Temporary tables