VB6 on Windows XP
Author Message
 VB6 on Windows XP

Does VB6 run under Windows XP Professional without any problems? From
what I've learned so far I don't think I like VB.Net

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:41:57 GMT
 VB6 on Windows XP
Yes it runs, I have no problems with it.

Quote:
> Does VB6 run under Windows XP Professional without any problems? From
> what I've learned so far I don't think I like VB.Net

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:49:22 GMT
 VB6 on Windows XP
Same here, it runs fine on both, home- and professional editions.

Mark

Quote:
> Yes it runs, I have no problems with it.

> > Does VB6 run under Windows XP Professional without any problems? From
> > what I've learned so far I don't think I like VB.Net

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:00:11 GMT
 VB6 on Windows XP

Quote:
> Does VB6 run under Windows XP Professional without any problems? From
> what I've learned so far I don't think I like VB.Net

There are some little differences comparing to win98. For example, the API
function ExitWindows doesn't work in XP, you have to use ExitWindowsEx. If
you don't check such little things in your application, it can bring up some
errors. But most of the things are just the same as they are in win98.

Reinier

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:08:54 GMT
 VB6 on Windows XP
Thanks for the reassurances. I'm glad there's no real problems.

On Tue, 13 May 2003 22:08:54 +0200, "Reinier"

Quote:

>> Does VB6 run under Windows XP Professional without any problems? From
>> what I've learned so far I don't think I like VB.Net

>There are some little differences comparing to win98. For example, the API
>function ExitWindows doesn't work in XP, you have to use ExitWindowsEx. If
>you don't check such little things in your application, it can bring up some
>errors. But most of the things are just the same as they are in win98.

>Reinier

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:21:32 GMT

1. VB6 and Windows XP (problems?)

2. VB6 and Windows XP

3. Compatibility problems between VB6 and Windows XP

4. Using nested frames in VB6 under Windows XP does not work

5. VB6 and Windows XP Trusted Connection

6. Launch adsl connexion in vb6 with Windows XP

7. Problems with VB6 After Windows XP Service Pack 3?

8. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

9. VB6.0 on Windows XP installation problem

10. Will VB6 work OK with Windows XP?

11. VB6 Apps in Windows XP

12. Help needed - VB6/Web application clash with Windows XP/Internet Explorer 6