vb6
Author Message
 vb6

Hi,

I just installed Visual Studio 6.0, Enterprise.  Now, everytime I start VB6,
it tries to dial my ISP.  Does anyone know why it's trying to do that?  It
also does it for VC++ 6.0.  I'm also using Windows 98.

Thanks,
Bich (bic)

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb6
look in the Install.html file in your 'Microsoft Visual Studio' director
under this section: 'An Internet Connection Dialog Box May Appear at Startup
of Windows or Other Applications' it may have hte answer.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I just installed Visual Studio 6.0, Enterprise.  Now, everytime I start
VB6,
>it tries to dial my ISP.  Does anyone know why it's trying to do that?  It
>also does it for VC++ 6.0.  I'm also using Windows 98.

>Thanks,
>Bich (bic)

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb6
Thanks!!! That really helped!!

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 vb6
It sounds like something in the Studio interface wants to point at the
web.  Make your web browser conects through your LAN not your telephone
(you may have to set the networking options to include the service MS
networks and protocol TCPIP).  Then when you do need to connect to the
web, just connect as usual but instead the web browser will work through
your LAN instead of direct to your modem.  I think that should work,

Quote:

--
Sean

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't open VB6 because VB6 caused a stack fault in module VB6.EXE

2. Can't open VB6 because VB6 caused a stack fault in module VB6.EXE

3. Converting VB6 to VB.NET without a full VB6 project

4. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

5. VB6 + SP4 error in vb6.dll

6. VB6 + SP4 error in vb6.dll

7. VB6 - SP5 exe generates drWatson during OLE communication with VB6 - SP3 exe

8. Does mscomctl for vb6 need the vb6 runtimes?

9. VB6 Pro and VB6 Enterprise differences??

10. VB6 Bug - Clipboard emptied when starting vb6

11. To VB6 or not to VB6

12. VB6 connection to WinScript WSHOM.OCX from VB6