Date Format?Windows Problem
Author Message
 Date Format?Windows Problem

We have recently installed 3 new Win95 Pc's in our office, and have
transferred a small application which was programmed with Visual Basic
(source code long since lost) from our old 3.1 machines.

This application requires a Uk type date input (dd/mm/yy), but only one
of the three supposedly indentical new PC's will accept this input. The
other two will not accept a day of the month over 12. Presumably it is
looking for a US type input (mm/dd/yy). This program ran with no probs
on our old machines. Is there any Windows enviroment type files that
could affect a compiled VB program in this way? I am confused :)

--
Gary Purvis

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Date Format?Windows Problem
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:34:40 +0100, Gary Purvis

Quote:

>This application requires a Uk type date input (dd/mm/yy), but only one
>of the three supposedly indentical new PC's will accept this input. The
>other two will not accept a day of the month over 12. Presumably it is
>looking for a US type input (mm/dd/yy). This program ran with no probs
>on our old machines. Is there any Windows enviroment type files that
>could affect a compiled VB program in this way? I am confused :)

Look at the Regional Settings in Win95 Control Panel.

-Dale
---
Dale M. Nurden    __|__  Highway Radio, 101.5FM
                    |    What boots up must go down
dalen-rcis.co.za    |    http://users.iafrica.com/d/da/dalen

Your market research is wrong! I am not interested in your product.
Don't add me to your mailing list and don't ask me to "reply to
remove myself". Just leave me alone.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Date Format?Windows Problem

Quote:

>Look at the Regional Settings in Win95 Control Panel.

>-Dale
>---
>Dale M. Nurden    __|__  Highway Radio, 101.5FM
>                    |    What boots up must go down
>dalen-rcis.co.za    |    http://users.iafrica.com/d/da/dalen

The Regional settings were my first thought, but everything there seemed
to be ok. After working my way through anything else I could think of I
came back to Regional Settings. I changed to English(United
States)..rebooted...changed back to English (United Kingdom)..rebooted
again....and hey presto, everything worked.

These computers can be damn sneaky!

Thx for your input.
--
Gary

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. now() date format problem between NT and Windows 2000

2. Output format of date (using ActiveX Windows date time picker)

3. problem with Format and a user defined date format

4. MS-ACCESS query date problem + date formatting in datagrid

5. Isolate date format of Form from Windows setting ?

6. VB and Windows date formats

7. change the time&date format in windows

8. "Windows Internal Date Format"

9. Internal date format ME vs. other Windows versions

10. Which date format is used by Windows ????

11. date formatting problem

12. Date format problems