Using VB application as source for Excel data
Author Message
 Using VB application as source for Excel data

I have never done any DDE work, but now I need to grab some data from a
text box in a VB application, when a cell in an Excel worksheet is
updated, placing the data in another cell on that sheet.

I have not found much information in the help files on using VB as the
source, so if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

As an example, if cell A12 of sheet GB is updated, I want excel to grab
the data from a text box (NM) in a VB application (called TS). Putting
the data into cell A2.

What are the commands in Excel and VB I need to link these two apps
together???

I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

Thanks,
Larry Jones

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using VB application as source for Excel data

Quote:
>I have never done any DDE work, but now I need to grab some data from a
>text box in a VB application, when a cell in an Excel worksheet is
>updated, placing the data in another cell on that sheet.

>I have not found much information in the help files on using VB as the
>source, so if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

>As an example, if cell A12 of sheet GB is updated, I want excel to grab
>the data from a text box (NM) in a VB application (called TS). Putting
>the data into cell A2.

>What are the commands in Excel and VB I need to link these two apps
>together???

>I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

>Thanks,
>Larry Jones

If you are using VB 4 or greater and Excel 95 or greater then check
out the CreateObject command in VB.

/Jonas

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using VB application as source for Excel data

I am using VB 5.0 and Excel 95 (moving to 97). I am trying to duplicate a
program that is already  doing DDE to the real spreadhseet the user has. I
do not have the access to the actual program, so want to create something
similar. Figured VB would be the easiest way. I'll check out your
suggestion.

Quote:

> >I have never done any DDE work, but now I need to grab some data from a
> >text box in a VB application, when a cell in an Excel worksheet is
> >updated, placing the data in another cell on that sheet.

> >I have not found much information in the help files on using VB as the
> >source, so if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

> >As an example, if cell A12 of sheet GB is updated, I want excel to grab
> >the data from a text box (NM) in a VB application (called TS). Putting
> >the data into cell A2.

> >What are the commands in Excel and VB I need to link these two apps
> >together???

> >I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

> >Thanks,
> >Larry Jones

> If you are using VB 4 or greater and Excel 95 or greater then check
> out the CreateObject command in VB.

> /Jonas

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. centralized data source and data tables for multiple form VB Application

2. Using an Excel file/worksheet as data source

3. using excel as data source in word

4. using excel as data source

5. using excel as data source

6. using excel as data source

7. using excel as data source

8. Using Excel as data source

9. Using an Excel file/worksheet as data source

10. using excel data in vb's visual data manager

11. Access virtually any data source : Report off in-memory application data

12. Using an ODBC Data SOurce with VB 6