Looking for FAX recommendation
Author Message
 Looking for FAX recommendation

Hi,
I have a VB 3.0 app running under Win 3.1 that assembles MS Word documents on the
fly from pre-existing components (other Word docs). I'd like to be able to fax the
results.

I have a copy of WinFax Pro 4.0 and I wrote enough DDE code to get it to set up my
document for faxing, hooray hooray, but I wasn't really impressed with what you can
do with WinFax via remote control (DDE). For instance, you can get WinFax to tell
you (via DDE) when it is done *receiving* a fax but not when it is done sending one.

My questions are:

1) Am I barking up the wrong tree by using a separate application? Are there VBXs
that will allow me to do what I want?
2) If a separate application is the way to go, can anyone recommend an alternative
to WinFax Pro 4.0 (or is this as good as it gets?)

Thanks for your time
Phil

--
Phil

Save the Earth -- shoot yourself.

Sun, 16 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for FAX recommendation
Quote:

> Looking for programming info on using MAPI and the built in faxing

capability of Windows for Workgroups or Win95 faxing for software.

I have attempted to use MAPI controls, but get an "Unspecified Error"
when running the software I just developed.  I want to be able to
specify the fax number in the TO: line for MAPI, but it appears after a
(short) bit of study, that MAPI wants to use addresses that are
predefined in the address book.  Any assistance, examples of code using
MAPI to fax using built in fax capability of WfW or W95?

Thanks,

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a VB 3.0 app running under Win 3.1 that assembles MS Word documents on the
> fly from pre-existing components (other Word docs). I'd like to be able to fax the
> results.

> I have a copy of WinFax Pro 4.0 and I wrote enough DDE code to get it to set up my
> document for faxing, hooray hooray,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.L. Richards=>Phone:  313-741-8623
President
Net Effect - Internet Service Provider
             for Commercial Properties
We also do Seven Day Software
Ten Days Tops!(TM)

Tue, 18 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for recommendation for ListView look-alike with more functionality

2. VB 3rd Party Fax Control - Recommendations, please!!!

3. Recommendations for fax control?

4. VB 3rd Party Fax Control - Recommendations, please!!!

5. Q: Looking for recommendation of a datagrid control

6. VB6 DHTML; Looking for a Recommendation

7. Looking for Recommendation on Socket Libraires.

8. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

9. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

10. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

11. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

12. Looking for information on faxing and calling Win32APIs