problem accessing BLOB fields in ORACLE
Author Message
 problem accessing BLOB fields in ORACLE

I'm involved in developing an application using VB5.0 Enterprise edition
and Oracle 8.0, using Oracle ODBC drivers. the db-related code uses RDO to
communicate with the database.
I'm trying to access a table that contains one field each of types
BLOB/CLOB. As far as the CLOB field is concerned, it accepts a text string
enclosed in single quotes and stores it correctly in the database. but the
BLOB type field can neither be inserted nor updated from within the VB
code. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this problem.
The VB code can be mailed/posted if necessary.

Regards,
Atul

Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem accessing BLOB fields in ORACLE

Atul,
        The AppendChunk() and GetChunk() methods are necessary to get and put
binary data into the database. I've used these methods successfully with a
DB2/NT backend. Use Byte array variables in VB to store the binary data.
Hope this helps.

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:
> I'm involved in developing an application using VB5.0 Enterprise edition
> and Oracle 8.0, using Oracle ODBC drivers. the db-related code uses RDO
> communicate with the database.
> I'm trying to access a table that contains one field each of types
> BLOB/CLOB. As far as the CLOB field is concerned, it accepts a text
string
> enclosed in single quotes and stores it correctly in the database. but
the
> BLOB type field can neither be inserted nor updated from within the VB
> code. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this
problem.
> The VB code can be mailed/posted if necessary.

> Regards,
> Atul

Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. memo/blob fields from access and/or oracle, access in VBScript under ASP

2. Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

3. Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

4. Showing Oracle BLOB field as Image in VB

5. How to insert outlook email message into BLOB field in Oracle DB

6. Oracle 8i BLOBS fields via ADO

7. Copy BLOB's out of Oracle into a file using VBA in Access 97

8. Visual Basic 4.0a error with ORACLE Data source accessing BLOB data

9. access to oracle-blobs?

10. VB ADO x BLOB in Oracle Problem

11. VB ADO x BLOB in Oracle Problem

12. HELP - VBscript code for BLOB fields to Access from web