two questions about excel and VB
Author Message
 two questions about excel and VB

i hope this question is appropriate for the group

i'm trying to write a program that uses an Excel file for a data file

i've got it opening the file and reading from it..
but when i try to write to it i get this error:

"A file named "test.xls" already exists in this location. Do you want to
replace it?"

i just want to modify the file thats already there..

also is there a way to find where the last row and column used were?
so i can append the data

thankyou
darrell miller

Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:46:09 GMT
 two questions about excel and VB
Here are some examples, this site has a ton of great free code:

http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/excelexport.asp

http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/excelimport.asp

Quote:

> i hope this question is appropriate for the group

> i'm trying to write a program that uses an Excel file for a data file

> i've got it opening the file and reading from it..
> but when i try to write to it i get this error:

> "A file named "test.xls" already exists in this location. Do you want to
> replace it?"

> i just want to modify the file thats already there..

> also is there a way to find where the last row and column used were?
> so i can append the data

> thankyou
> darrell miller

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:31:07 GMT
 two questions about excel and VB
excuse me but i'm italian and inot speack english (so i dont write it!)

for example...

SET XLAPP= NEW APPLICATIONS

( USE XLAPP FOR YOUR WORK BUT... WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR WORKSHEET WHIT ' CLOSE
XLAPP' WRITE THE FOLLOW CODE...)

XLAPP.QUIT
SET XLAPP=NOTHING

bye
Massimo Contarini

Quote:
> Here are some examples, this site has a ton of great free code:

> http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/excelexport.asp

> http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/excelimport.asp

> > i hope this question is appropriate for the group

> > i'm trying to write a program that uses an Excel file for a data file

> > i've got it opening the file and reading from it..
> > but when i try to write to it i get this error:

> > "A file named "test.xls" already exists in this location. Do you want to
> > replace it?"

> > i just want to modify the file thats already there..

> > also is there a way to find where the last row and column used were?
> > so i can append the data

> > thankyou
> > darrell miller

Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:25:40 GMT

1. Two Excel VBA Questions

2. Outlook VBA - open Excel, read in two fields, send email with these, close excel

3. VBA in Excel, about two XLA in Excel

4. Two VB questions

5. Two VB/Access Questions

6. Two Quick Questions about VB 6.0 (SP3)

7. Two simple VB Questions-But i need help anyway

8. Two question about wav files and VB

9. Two questions for you VB OOP gurus

10. Two VB Script questions

11. VB IIS two questions please

12. two questions concerning vb 6.0 and directx 7