DBGrid: DEL key not working (with AllowDelete = True)
Author Message
 DBGrid: DEL key not working (with AllowDelete = True)

Hi everybody,

I have got a strange problem regarding the DBGrid. This morning I came
up with the problem that the DEL key on a selected record in the DBGrid
doesn't have any effect even so I did not change the AllowDelete
property to false. This behaviour I get also in every other DBGrid in
every other project (there AllowDelete = False as well). On the desktop
(e.g. deleting selected files) the DEL key works perfectly, so it can't
be broken.
I am working for sometime now at this project using DBGrid. Several
tests I did in the last days, including deleting records, did all well,
only today that I got that problem.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Thomas
Fortaleza, Brasil

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid: DEL key not working (with AllowDelete = True)
You have to click first on the grid
and after you can select your record and delete it with the del key
but I dont know why u have to click on the grid first
and how u can remove that
so if someone ....
Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>I have got a strange problem regarding the DBGrid. This morning I came
>up with the problem that the DEL key on a selected record in the DBGrid
>doesn't have any effect even so I did not change the AllowDelete
>property to false. This behaviour I get also in every other DBGrid in
>every other project (there AllowDelete = False as well). On the desktop
>(e.g. deleting selected files) the DEL key works perfectly, so it can't
>be broken.
>I am working for sometime now at this project using DBGrid. Several
>tests I did in the last days, including deleting records, did all well,
>only today that I got that problem.

>Any suggestions what might be wrong?

>Thomas
>Fortaleza, Brasil

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrid: DEL key not working (with AllowDelete = True)

Quote:

> Hi everybody,

> I have got a strange problem regarding the DBGrid. This morning I came
> up with the problem that the DEL key on a selected record in the DBGrid
> doesn't have any effect even so I did not change the AllowDelete
> property to false. This behaviour I get also in every other DBGrid in
> every other project (there AllowDelete = False as well). On the desktop
> (e.g. deleting selected files) the DEL key works perfectly, so it can't
> be broken.
> I am working for sometime now at this project using DBGrid. Several
> tests I did in the last days, including deleting records, did all well,
> only today that I got that problem.

> Any suggestions what might be wrong?

> Thomas
> Fortaleza, Brasil

http://www.apexsc.com/truedbgrid_faq/TrueDBGrid_FAQ_08.html#Question02

Lac

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBGrid: DEL key not working (with AllowDelete = True)

2. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

3. Block System Key like ALT+TAB, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc key

4. e.Handled=True Does Not Work For ComboBox In VB.Net

5. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

6. Common dialog CancelError=True does not work **********

7. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

8. DBGrid - Original or Apex True DBGrid Column Question

9. Visible = True not working

10. Apex True DBCombo does not work with SQL Server/RDC

11. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

12. silent=True not working for internet explorer object