Importing text file slower with VB6???
Author Message
 Importing text file slower with VB6???

I have noticed that importing a simple flat text file with vb6 is slower
than vb4. I took the VB4 code and simply saved it as VB6 and included
the DAO 3.51 in the references of the project. The performance of the
new VB6 app is terrible, using nearly 200% more time to import the same
data into the same Access 7.0 database.

I think that since I am new to VB6 I may have missed flipping a simple
switch here. It would be hard for me to believe that VB6 would be slower
in anything, especially data access. Please help if you can. Also feel
free to respond to my email address directly.

Thanks,

Rick Binns
programmer
This End Up Furniture Company

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Importing Text File into DataBase Slow !

2. Importing Text File into DataBase Slow !

3. Importing text files and tables in VB6

4. Importing a text file to a access table using VB6

5. Importing text files and tables in VB6

6. import text files to vb6

7. using DTS to import a text file in SQL Server 7.0 with VB6

8. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

9. Importing Text to SQL Server Waaaaaayyyy Too Slow!

10. Importing text from Text file- Help needed

11. import hebrew text files to mdb files, using VB5

12. How to import a text file to my mdb file using vb5