** Help ** Accessing arbitrary cells in Lotus123 worksheet
Author Message
 ** Help ** Accessing arbitrary cells in Lotus123 worksheet

Hi,

Does anyone know how to access an arbitrary cell in a Lotus123 Worksheet
(*.WK1 & *. WK4 formats), e.g. A5,F3.

I've got a large array of numbers in the middle of the worksheet that I want
to load into an array within my application.

I've tried using data controls, but seem only to be able to access the first
column.

I look on at Excel users with jealousy.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Robert Barrow

Energy Systems Group
The Department of Electrical Engineering
The University of Edinburgh
Scotland

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ** Help ** Accessing arbitrary cells in Lotus123 worksheet

Quote:
>>Hi,
>>Does anyone know how to access an arbitrary cell in a Lotus123 Worksheet
>>(*.WK1 & *. WK4 formats), e.g. A5,F3.
>>I've got a large array of numbers in the middle of the worksheet that I
want
>>to load into an array within my application.

those files in the .WK4 format are using a version of Lotus that can act
like a DDE server.  Open up a link to that application and try the
following as a command string:

[run({EDIT-COPY a1...a1})]

Where a1..a1 is any range you want.

The information is then on the clipboard...you can do anything you want
with it at that point from VB.  Of course you'll need a working copy of
Lotus 123 on the machine the app runs on.

Good luck.

Threezs
Steve Szyszkiewicz
Willingboro, NJ

Steve Szyszkiewicz
Willingboro, NJ

Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ** Help ** Accessing arbitrary cells in Lotus123 worksheet

Quote:
>>Hi,
>>Does anyone know how to access an arbitrary cell in a Lotus123 Worksheet
>>(*.WK1 & *. WK4 formats), e.g. A5,F3.
>>I've got a large array of numbers in the middle of the worksheet that I
want
>>to load into an array within my application.

those files in the .WK4 format are using a version of Lotus that can act
like a DDE server.  Open up a link to that application and try the
following as a command string:

[run({EDIT-COPY a1...a1})]

Where a1..a1 is any range you want.

The information is then on the clipboard...you can do anything you want
with it at that point from VB.  Of course you'll need a working copy of
Lotus 123 on the machine the app runs on.

Good luck.

Threezs
Steve Szyszkiewicz
Willingboro, NJ

Steve Szyszkiewicz
Willingboro, NJ

Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 to Lotus123 worksheet is it possible

2. Accessing unnamed cell range in Excel worksheet?

3. Formatting Excel Cells and Worksheets

4. Connecting cells of a Excel worksheet. - Helpme

5. Lotus123 HELP!!!!

6. Lotus123 HELP!!!!

7. HELP: can't copy XL worksheets from Access via VBA

8. Access, DoCmd and worksheets - please help

9. Access arbitrary (restricted) IDispatch methods

10. Protecting cell data once the cell has been populated access 97

11. Control with arbitrary shape(HELP)

12. Help: Inserting arbitrary data into a SQL database?