Inserting a .tif file into an Access object field
Author Message
 Inserting a .tif file into an Access object field

Hi,

Several people have suggested various ways of inserting pictures into
an Access object field, but these solutions seem to work on picture
formats native to Windows such as .bmp and .ico. How do I insert a
tif file into an Access object field. Using an Image or picture
control in conjunction with "LoadPicture" does not work because these
controls reject .tif files. All I'm trying to achieve is to store the
tif files in the database so I can insert them into a Crystal Reports
report at runtime. I also looked for an ocx that can convert the .tif
file to .bmp at runtime, but I was unable to find one. Please let me
know if you have any solutions to this problem.

Thanks

Ray

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting a .tif file into an Access object field

Quote:
> Hi,

> Several people have suggested various ways of inserting pictures into
> an Access object field, but these solutions seem to work on picture
> formats native to Windows such as .bmp and .ico. How do I insert a
> tif file into an Access object field. Using an Image or picture
> control in conjunction with "LoadPicture" does not work because these
> controls reject .tif files. All I'm trying to achieve is to store the
> tif files in the database so I can insert them into a Crystal Reports
> report at runtime. I also looked for an ocx that can convert the .tif
> file to .bmp at runtime, but I was unable to find one. Please let me
> know if you have any solutions to this problem.

> Thanks

> Ray

You could use an OCX or VBX that could use such file formats and are
databound. Also, you could use one control that reads tiff and assign that
control's Image or picture property to a PictureBox that is databound. Try
out the GVOCX - it is a control that reads tiff and more (I don't remember
if it is databound or not). You can also develop the WANG Image... for
Windows95 in the Microsoft site, it comes with some OCX that read varous
image file formats.

JOEL PAULA                           TECNILAB PORTUGAL

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I insert an image in Access Ole Object field

2. Using ADO Command object and Access PROCEDURE to insert Memo/Binary fields

3. Inserting .jpg files into Object Fields

4. Inserting text files into Oracle Large Object fields

5. Inserting OLE object from a file in database field

6. Inserting an OLE object (BMP file )in Word with access

7. TIF Graphic file in Image object

8. Printing TIF file via printer object

9. Accessing .tif files

10. creating TIF files with VB/Access

11. displaying .tif files (and storing them in an access db)

12. Inserting objects into fields programatically