Table Relationships Question - Access 97
Author Message
 Table Relationships Question - Access 97

Hi.

I am trying to setup the relationships, without much success, between 2
tables for an auction application in Access 97.

The first table is an 'Items for Auction' table with fields for each of
the properties of the item, and  2 other fields, 'SellerId' and
'BuyerId', to obviously identify the buyer and seller of the item.

Because at the auction a buyer can also be a seller, and vica versa,
and because the details that I want to store about buyers and sellers
are identical, I only want to use 1 more table, 'Customers', instead of
2 tables, 'Buyers' and 'Sellers'.

I know that if I used 2 tables instead of a single 'Customers' table
then I would need to setup 2 '1-to-many' relationships; the 'SellerId'
and 'BuyerId' fields in my 'Items' table as foreign keys to the
'Sellers' and 'Buyers' tables.

But, how can I setup the 2 '1-to-many' relationships using the
'SellerId' and 'BuyerId' fields both setup as foreign keys to the 1
'Customers' table?

Thanks in advance.

John

    Table 1

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 VBA/DAO for relationships

2. vba code to copy table from access 97 to excel 97

3. Saving a Word 97 Document in a Access 97 table

4. Can you pass a table to Word 97 from Access 97

5. Import from Excel 97 to Access 97 table

6. INSERT INTO from SQL Server table into Access 97 table

7. Access 2000 can't read from a referenced table - but could in Access 97

8. Chnage Access DB Table Relationships From VB6

9. Access Tables Relationship using Dynaset

10. Relationships between access tables in VB 4

11. Access Tables Relationship using Dynaset

12. Deleting/Re-instating Relationships in 97