Database not updated from form
Author Message
 Database not updated from form

I'm using ADO with VB6. I have a form which contains a data grid (Sheridan's
Data Widgets). None of the data in the grid is changeable by the user. Upon
and is set as the DataSource for the grid.

When the user double-clicks on a row in the grid, another form loads
(modally), which contains the same data as that in the grid, and more, for a
single row in the recordset from the first form. The second form does not
create a new recordset; it simply refers back to the recordset created by
the first form. Everything displays nicely on the second form, and when I
change data on the second form and execute the UpdateBatch method on the
recordset, it appears to work (i.e., it generates no errors). However, the
data in the recordset (owned by the first form) does not change.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is a conflict being created by having the
same recordset's data displayed on two forms simultaneously -- even though
the first is not editable by the user, and the second form is modal and
owned by the first?

Thanks for your help!

Greg Carter

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Edit form does not update database

2. not visible text box not updating database

3. updating controls on a form when database is updated

4. database schema not updating

5. Updating Date fields in the database not working (CAPA)

6. VB3 VB4 database not update acces files

7. Datacombo - not updating database

8. Database will not update

9. Webitem will not update database

10. Report not updating when the data in the database changes

11. Newbie Help: Combo box not validating/updating Access Database

12. ADO BeginTrans / CommitTrans - Database not updated