VB6, Access 97 and Windows 2000 Pro
Author Message
 VB6, Access 97 and Windows 2000 Pro

I've written a VB6 application to handle an  Access 97 database. I never met
any problem with Windows 95/98/ME.
My company has recently upgraded my computer's OS to Windows 2000 Pro. No
problem to read the database (SELECT * FROM ...). But when I try to update a
record , my computer hangs up . I can't even logoff. I must power off/on
manually to login again.
I use msado15.dll as a reference for ADO.
Does Anyone have a clue ? Is it a security problem ?

Georges

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:53:23 GMT
 VB6, Access 97 and Windows 2000 Pro

Quote:

> I've written a VB6 application to handle an  Access 97 database. I never met
> any problem with Windows 95/98/ME.
> My company has recently upgraded my computer's OS to Windows 2000 Pro. No
> problem to read the database (SELECT * FROM ...). But when I try to update a
> record , my computer hangs up . I can't even logoff. I must power off/on
> manually to login again.
> I use msado15.dll as a reference for ADO.
> Does Anyone have a clue ? Is it a security problem ?

Are "oplocks" enabled on the Winblows 2000 machine?

 URL:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;;Q300216#11

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:43:59 GMT

1. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

2. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

3. access 97 forms slow on windows 2000 Pro

4. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

5. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

6. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

7. Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000

8. How to get Access 97 (built on a Windows 2000) to work on 95s and 98s

9. Access 97 VBA Problem with Windows 2000

10. database corruption of access 97 from windows 2000

11. Access 97/2000 database error in VB6

12. VB6 & Access 97 / 2000