Need Serial CommPort interface code!!
Author Message
 Need Serial CommPort interface code!!

I want to sent and receive data through my serial port in order to access a
controller, does anybody knows were I can find VB6 code  , in order to get
an idea how to do this?

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Serial CommPort interface code!!
You can use th MSCOMM.OCX that comes with VB to do the job. I would
recommend getting a good book on it like the Visual Basic Programmers
Guide to Serial Communications by Richard Grier. You can find it at
www.amazon.com

If you are interested, the company that I work for sells a serial
communications program called the Software Wedge that you may find to
be a good tool for adding serial communications capabilities to your
application. The Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass
serial data back and forth to other programs using either DDE (Dynamic
Data Exchange) or by converting incoming serial data to keystrokes
(i.e. it stuffs the keyboard buffer with the incoming serial data).
The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up
and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within
your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.

Quote:
>I want to sent and receive data through my serial port in order to access a
>controller, does anybody knows were I can find VB6 code  , in order to get
>an idea how to do this?

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Serial CommPort interface code!!
Try the sample VBTERM in the MSCOMM directory of the samples included withVB6.

Matt Olson

Quote:

> I want to sent and receive data through my serial port in order to access a
> controller, does anybody knows were I can find VB6 code  , in order to get
> an idea how to do this?

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. serial interface VB component needed

2. VB Serial Link Sorce Code Needed

3. Need VB5 code to interface with vbSendMail.dll

4. Serial Communications code needed

5. Fill CommPort Recivebuffer from code

6. Help Needed : MSComm - Limited Commport Availability

7. Control of Serial Interface by VBA

8. VBA interface to serial RS232 port

9. Serial Interface

10. REQ: Serial Port Interface

11. detecting non-working serial interface

12. serial interfacing