Run-Time error "430"?
Author Message
 Run-Time error "430"?

Hi...I have a program that uses an access 2000 database and ADO. After I used the
Package and deyployment wizard to compile my program, I get the "430" error also
the description..."Class does not support Automation or does not support expected
interface". This error did not occur on the machine that was used to create this program
and only occurs on another win98 computer.
Can someone tell me what this means and how I can fix my program

Many thanks....Rob

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time error "430"?
Does your application install MDAC 2.1 or 2.5 as part of its setup? Is the version the same
on both computers? MDAC 2.5 is another 7.5MB or so, but contains the latest ADO drivers and
should be possibly installed on both machines?
Do you have any other activex controls in the project?
Quote:

> Hi...I have a program that uses an access 2000 database and ADO. After I used the
> Package and deyployment wizard to compile my program, I get the "430" error also
> the description..."Class does not support Automation or does not support expected
> interface". This error did not occur on the machine that was used to create this program
> and only occurs on another win98 computer.
> Can someone tell me what this means and how I can fix my program

> Many thanks....Rob

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time error "430"?
It means that you have run mdac2.5 on your developement machine, but
not installed it on the other one. Mdac2.5 comes with visual studio
service pack 4. The package & deployment wizard includes mdac2.5, so
you`ll be getting 8 disk sets from now on, and dont expect to be able
to run your code on machines that havent had mdac2.5 run on them, as
recordsets are different now.  You`ll have to run mdac2.5 seperately
too, it wont be run automatically even though the app requires it.

If you have many clients running your old code and you make a fix with
the service pack/mdac2.5 installed, expect to have to upload mdac2.5 to
all of them.

At least, that is my (recent) experience.

Sorry, do i sound p***ed off?

Alex.

Quote:
> Hi...I have a program that uses an access 2000 database and ADO.
After I =
> used the
> Package and deyployment wizard to compile my program, I get the "430"
=
> error also
> the description..."Class does not support Automation or does not
support =
> expected
> interface". This error did not occur on the machine that was used to =
> create this program
> and only occurs on another win98 computer.
> Can someone tell me what this means and how I can fix my program

> Many thanks....Rob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime error "430" / OLEDB

2. Runtime error "430" / OLEDB

3. Runtime error "430" / OLEDB

4. Printing Error "Run Time error 486"

5. DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"

6. run time error "52": bad file name or number

7. HELP "Run-time error 432" HELP

8. RDO run time error "40041"

9. Urgent: run-time error "458"

10. Run - Time Error "0"

11. Help please with "Run time error"

12. Run-time Error "-2147319779(8002801d)":