Visual Basic Accessing Dbase files/records
Author Message
 Visual Basic Accessing Dbase files/records

In dire need of assistance.  Please reply via private e-mail...

I am trying to copy one database to another (different location/name) and I
want to check if there are duplicate records.  eg...

if duplicate
        display duplicate information
                prompt "Proceed"
                if yes
                        copy record
                else
                        skip record
                endif
        go to the next one
endif

(just pseudocode here guys...)

The problem I am running into is the "copy record" line.  I can't for the life
of me figure out an easy way to do a copy record.  I could do it field by
field but there are 265 fields in this database.  Any help is appreciated.

If you have an answer, please get back to me a.s.a.p.

Shane Hultquist

Sat, 20 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic Accessing Dbase files/records

In dire need of assistance.

I am trying to copy one database to another (different location/name) and I
want to check if there are duplicate records.  eg...

if duplicate
        display duplicate information
                prompt "Proceed"
                if yes
                        copy record
                else
                        skip record
                endif
        go to the next one
endif

(just pseudocode here guys...)

The problem I am running into is the "copy record" line.  I can't for the life
of me figure out an easy way to do a copy record.  I could do it field by
field but there are 265 fields in this database.  Any help is appreciated.

If you have an answer, please get back to me a.s.a.p.

Shane Hultquist

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing Borland dBase files via VISUAL BASIC

2. Accessing Borland dBase files via Visual Basic

3. Need Visual Basic help to export access record to text or html file template

4. How to access Dbase IV from Visual Basic

5. I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

6. reindex and pack procedures for using dbase files in Visual Basic

7. HELP- READING DBASE II FILES INTO VISUAL BASIC

8. Moving records from a dBase file to an Access 2000 Table

9. how to access Visual DBase files

10. Visual Basic 6.0 vs. Visual Dbase 7.01

11. Visual Dbase Vs Visual Basic

12. visual dbase VS visual basic