Crystal Reports Problems, Help
Author Message
 Crystal Reports Problems, Help

I am using the version of Crystal Reports which came with VB 4.0
Professional and I am trying to link fields between two tables from the same
access 95 database. I need the detailed information from the second table
to display on the report.

The fields are as follows

vehicle!owner - same info as owner!full_name and the relation is set
within the database.
I need to display additional information from the owner table in the
report but I have not been able to set up the database link properly. I
would appreciate any help or suggestions on how to get the link set up
properly.

Thanks in Advance, Tom
Tom{*filter*}ie                              Profanity is the one language all

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Problems, Help

Quote:

>I am using the version of Crystal Reports which came with VB 4.0
>Professional and I am trying to link fields between two tables from the same
>access 95 database. I need the detailed information from the second table
>to display on the report.

(...)

The easiest way to do it, especially if you can use the MS Access
environment, is to create a query with Access FIRST, and then use that
as your source for the report. Why mess around in Crystal? Let the Jet
engine work for you.

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Problems, Help

Tom,

Take a fool's advice from a guy (myself) who used to do tech support
for Crystal Reports:
1. If you're going to be spending any time at all using Crystal
Reports, trust me, you need to upgrade to version 4.5. It has MUCH
greater functionality and is much more intuitive than 3.0.1.32 that
comes with VB4.

2. If you're running in 32 bit mode, you can report directly off of
your Access 7 queries. When you stop to think about it, all Crystal is
is a query generator with some pretty formatting capability. Do all
your linking and query generation in Access first, that way all
Crystal has to do is display (trust me, that's all you want it to do,
if you can help it). Create your Access query, then do your rpt file
off only that query instead of your tables.

3. Do all your linking in Access, NOT in the Crystal visual linking
expert. The Crystal visual linking expert will allow some illlegal
links. Also enforce referential integrity in your database at the
Access level and you'll save yourself a ton of headaches when it comes
to reporting.

Eric {*filter*}
Atlanta, GA

Quote:

>I am using the version of Crystal Reports which came with VB 4.0
>Professional and I am trying to link fields between two tables from the same
>access 95 database. I need the detailed information from the second table
>to display on the report.
>The fields are as follows
>vehicle!owner - same info as owner!full_name and the relation is set
>within the database.
>I need to display additional information from the owner table in the
>report but I have not been able to set up the database link properly. I
>would appreciate any help or suggestions on how to get the link set up
>properly.
>Thanks in Advance, Tom
>--
>=============================================================================
>Tom{*filter*}ie                              Profanity is the one language all

>=============================================================================

Wed, 28 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal reports problem - help ?

2. CRYSTAL REPORTS PROBLEM HELP!

3. More Crystal Reports Problems - HELP!!!

4. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

5. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

6. Help: Crystal Reports section subtotal problem...

7. Help: Crystal Report 6.0 OLE / DAO problem

8. Help - Crystal Reports Problem

9. Help wanted, problem with Crystal Report 6

10. Help !!!: Problem with Crystal Report

11. Help !! : problem with Crystal Report and Null fields

12. Password problem using Crystal Reports HELP ME !!