How2 make a duplicate of a MDB ?
Author Message
 How2 make a duplicate of a MDB ?

Hi,
I need a procedure to duplicate a
database.
I need to duplicate ALL information
like size, fixed, type, etc. with all tables
and all other sort of information stored
in the MDB.

ciao.
Daniel

(please send a copy of your reply as private email, tnx)

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How2 make a duplicate of a MDB ?

Quote:

> Hi,
> I need a procedure to duplicate a
> database.
> I need to duplicate ALL information
> like size, fixed, type, etc. with all tables
> and all other sort of information stored
> in the MDB.

> ciao.
> Daniel

> (please send a copy of your reply as private email, tnx)

The best way is actually DOS copy.

Jeff Hong YAN

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How2 make a duplicate of a MDB ?

Quote:

> Hi,
> I need a procedure to duplicate a
> database.
> I need to duplicate ALL information
> like size, fixed, type, etc. with all tables
> and all other sort of information stored
> in the MDB.

[snip]

CompactDatabase or FileCopy? These are the only ways I know of to
copy *everything* in an MDB, including Access forms, reports,
modules, and macros, which VB doesn't support.

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How2 make a duplicate of a MDB ?

Quote:

>Hi,
>I need a procedure to duplicate a
>database.
>I need to duplicate ALL information
>like size, fixed, type, etc. with all tables
>and all other sort of information stored
>in the MDB.

How about FileCopy? If you just want to copy the structure but
not the data, you could still do a FileCopy, then open the new
database and iterate the tables collection to get a list of table
names and then delete all records from each. Do a CompactDatabase
when you're done.

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick/vbasic/

Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How2 DUPLICATE a database?

2. How2 save a picture into .mdb ?

3. How2 set own icon 4 .mdb ?

4. Q: How2 encrypt mdb files accessed by VB apps

5. How to duplicate users and passwords from one mdb to another

6. Safeguarding against duplicate entries in VBDB (.mdb)

7. Safeguarding against duplicate entries in VBDB (.mdb)

8. Prevention of Duplicating ID in mdb table

9. Duplicate a .mdb from VB6

10. making a duplicate of an ado recordset?

11. Making a duplicate table

12. Making an mdb file an EXE file