Calling Access Queries Within VB.
Author Message
 Calling Access Queries Within VB.

I am tring to call an Access query from within VB that has Access modual calls
in it.  When I run the query from Access, it finds the function and everything
is fine.  When I call the query from VB, it says 'Undefined Function'. I've
tried to put the function in the VB code, but that does not help.  Does anyone
know of away around this?  If I code the queries without the functions, it is
either to complex or to slow.  I am using a DB.execute to run the Query.
Thanks in advance.

        John

Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling Access Queries Within VB.
Hi,

Forget about that. Only Access itself can support SQL which
contain User-Defined-Functions (which stored in Access Modules).
Visual Basic does not support this feature.

This is known shortcoming in VB SQL support. Too bad huh!

The best way probably is to use some VB optimization by
BeginTrans/CommitTrans, or increase the Jet Engine buffer.

Hope this answer is not too daunting for you.

Regards ... Janaka

Quote:

>I am tring to call an Access query from within VB that has Access modual
calls
>in it.  When I run the query from Access, it finds the function and
everything
>is fine.  When I call the query from VB, it says 'Undefined Function'. I've
>tried to put the function in the VB code, but that does not help.  Does
anyone
>know of away around this?  If I code the queries without the functions, it
is
>either to complex or to slow.  I am using a DB.execute to run the Query.
>Thanks in advance.

>        John

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling Access queries from within VB 5.0

2. VB crashe when calling parametrized query within dataEnvironment

3. HELP: Running Functions within Access Queries through VB

4. Executing Access Query within VB Code

5. Calling Parameter Query in an Access database from VB

6. help: MS Access queries called from a VB front end

7. Calling Access query /w parameters from VB

8. help: MS Access queries called from a VB front end

9. Calling Parameter Query in an Access database from VB application

10. Call to Access Report through VB Application Query

11. How to call Access queries from VB ?

12. help: MS Access queries called from a VB front end