drop down boxes 
Author Message
 drop down boxes

hi i am using adodc to link to a database... i want to create a drop down
box with the contents of a particular field so that they actually DROP
down... as it stands, i still have to use the arrows at the side of the
adodc control to browse the contents of the field in the drop down box...
are there any ideas what i could do to make my drop down boxes actually
work? thanx



Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:06:12 GMT  
 drop down boxes
Mich

Try this:

Use a DataCombo dropdown

and following code in the form load sub

ADO1.Recordsource = "Select Myfield as Listetext from mytable"ADO1.refresh
DataCombo1.ListField = "Listetext"
DataCombo1.
DataCombo1.datasource = ADO1
DataCombo1.rowsource = ADO1

Regards
Jens Burup


Quote:

> hi i am using adodc to link to a database... i want to create a drop down
> box with the contents of a particular field so that they actually DROP
> down... as it stands, i still have to use the arrows at the side of the
> adodc control to browse the contents of the field in the drop down box...
> are there any ideas what i could do to make my drop down boxes actually
> work? thanx



Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:09:22 GMT  
 drop down boxes
Mitch

I was too fast

Use a DataCombo dropdown
 and following code in the form load sub
 ADO1.Recordsource = "Select Myfield as Listetext from mytable"ADO1.refresh
ADO1.refresh
 DataCombo1.ListField = "Listetext"
DataCombo1.datasource = ADO1
DataCombo1.rowsource = ADO1
Jens Burup


Quote:
> Mich

> Try this:

> Use a DataCombo dropdown

> and following code in the form load sub

> ADO1.Recordsource = "Select Myfield as Listetext from mytable"ADO1.refresh
> DataCombo1.ListField = "Listetext"
> DataCombo1.
> DataCombo1.datasource = ADO1
> DataCombo1.rowsource = ADO1

> Regards
> Jens Burup



> > hi i am using adodc to link to a database... i want to create a drop
down
> > box with the contents of a particular field so that they actually DROP
> > down... as it stands, i still have to use the arrows at the side of the
> > adodc control to browse the contents of the field in the drop down
box...
> > are there any ideas what i could do to make my drop down boxes actually
> > work? thanx



Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:26:25 GMT  
 drop down boxes
Hi... thanks, that didn't work :(
I think I will have to use it with the regular arrows


Quote:
> Mitch

> I was too fast

> Use a DataCombo dropdown
>  and following code in the form load sub
>  ADO1.Recordsource = "Select Myfield as Listetext from

mytable"ADO1.refresh
Quote:
> ADO1.refresh
>  DataCombo1.ListField = "Listetext"
> DataCombo1.datasource = ADO1
> DataCombo1.rowsource = ADO1
> Jens Burup



> > Mich

> > Try this:

> > Use a DataCombo dropdown

> > and following code in the form load sub

> > ADO1.Recordsource = "Select Myfield as Listetext from

mytable"ADO1.refresh

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > DataCombo1.ListField = "Listetext"
> > DataCombo1.
> > DataCombo1.datasource = ADO1
> > DataCombo1.rowsource = ADO1

> > Regards
> > Jens Burup



> > > hi i am using adodc to link to a database... i want to create a drop
> down
> > > box with the contents of a particular field so that they actually DROP
> > > down... as it stands, i still have to use the arrows at the side of
the
> > > adodc control to browse the contents of the field in the drop down
> box...
> > > are there any ideas what i could do to make my drop down boxes
actually
> > > work? thanx



Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:17:04 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. drop down box and down arrow key

2. List box with embeded drop down boxes

3. add, edit using drop down boxes and list boxes

4. Hiding combo box border and drop-down box

5. Choice of Drop down box, causes a real time refresh of the choices in a 2nd Drop Down Box

6. Drop-down box population

7. Drop Down box on Word Template?

8. AutoText and drop-down box error

9. exporting drop-down box contents

10. Drop-down Boxes

11. Disabling Drop Down Boxes

12. Use Ampersand-Drop Down Box

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software