Intersolv ODBC drivers: cant connect
Author Message
 Intersolv ODBC drivers: cant connect

Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Intersolv ODBC drivers: cant connect

I've just installed the Intersolv ODBC drivers for Sybase 10.0.2., but when I
try to connect to my server I get a warning message that says ...
[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():unable to get layer
message string: unable to get origin message string:Error string not available

I have the Open Client-Library installed on my PC and I can connect to the
server using WDBPING, but I can't connect using the OpenDatabase command in VB.
Any help is appriciated.

Howard Ories
(301) 236-3660

Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Intersolv ODBC drivers: cant connect

Quote:
>I've just installed the Intersolv ODBC drivers for Sybase 10.0.2., but when I
>try to connect to my server I get a warning message that says ...
>[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():unable to get layer
>message string: unable to get origin message string:Error string not available
>I have the Open Client-Library installed on my PC and I can connect to the
>server using WDBPING, but I can't connect using the OpenDatabase command in VB.
>Any help is appriciated.
>Howard Ories
>(301) 236-3660

Pinging is sadly not enough. One thing that we found essential was to
get the SYBASE environment variables right, specifically ...
LANG=enu
whose absence caused a lot of problems. We have to run a batch file
called WSYBSET.BAT before loading Windows / NT.

REM  Environment setup for Open Client for Windows
SET LANG=enu
SET SYBASE=C:\SQL10
SET DSQUERY=SYBASE.NT
SET PATH=C:\SQL10\BIN;C:\SQL10\DLL;%PATH%
SET LIB=C:\SQL10\LIB;%LIB%
SET INCLUDE=C:\SQL10\INCLUDE;%INCLUDE%

If you get the drivers working I'd be grateful if you could try
creating a snapshot/ dynaset & then using the Findfirst method. We've
never been able to get this to work.

If it does could you post the Intersolv version number your using.

Many Thanks, ChrisD

Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. SYBASE 11 ODBC driver & VB6 cant connect

2. Intersolv Driver dsn-less Connect String

3. Intersolv ODBC Driver and Synonyms

4. Help: Intersolv FoxPro ODBC Driver

5. VB4, ODBC, Oracle through Intersolv driver: cannot write

6. Page Fault error accessing Informix tables using Intersolv ODBC Driver

7. Cant connect to dbase file using odbc

8. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

9. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

10. Connecting vb4 to an ingres database using datadirect odbc driver

11. informix ODBC driver for I-Connect cannot support the RDO

12. ODBC ERROR: no interfacr driver connected - funciton not performed